Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Can't Touch This!
452 Posts
Memphis Fats,
Does yours sound "tinny"?
Mine doesn't. It sounds GRRrrRRrrRRrrEAT!!
It's been about 15,000 miles and I don't see any rust on the drilled holes. I guess the bike doesn't stay parked long enough to get any condensation up there. LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts
V&H Big Shot Too Loud...

Hi,

I have V&H big shot staggered on my Vtx1300c and I even ad the quiet baffles...I love the sound but I keep getting stopped by the cops. 150$ each times...I love the look of the pipes and the extra hp, so I can never put back the stock ones, but I need them to be more quiet...is there any ways? I ride in Montreal and cops on motorcycle are giving tickets like they were candies.

Thanks guys...
Dan

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have a 06 1300 VTX S and added Cobra slip on's. It's winter here but had to try one ride. Good thing it was about 40 F. that day. The first thing I noticed was a definite lag in power and the motor was running hot. It was like the mid range was dragging and it idled rough.
I installed a Cobra jet kit and it seem to fix the problems. I have yet to fine tune it because of this little snow and ice problem we have in Ohio this time of year. It idles much better...sounds great but no road test yet.
Every time I open the garage door snow flakes start falling.
If you change your pipes on the 1300 keep an eye on your motor temp. for the first ride.
Kidd

·
Senior Pessimist
1,202 Posts
Sideburners kick ass! And I love the sound on decel. It's almost like a 18wheeler on the jakebrake.

·
Llama Wrangler
216 Posts
I have sideburners on my 1300c and they are awesome. I started with the clayton mod and liked it for a while....well that was untill I rode with a group and heard everyones exhaust. There is a guy I rride with that got his pipe done at vtxexhaust. He likes them but I hate the sound. The sideburners have the best sound I have heard yet. I dont find they are all that loud. Maybe I am just deaf though.....LOL If price is an option do not go with the sideburners..they are pretty pricey. Also I did not have to rejet with these pipes. All that I did was adjust the a/f mixture with the screw. They also seem to have givin my bike more get up and go from a dead stop, and in 5th going past 60 is a breeze now and I can really feel the bike pulling now. Hope this info helps.

·
Seasoned Member
876 Posts
I have the Vance & Hines Big Shots they are sweet. The bike sounds awesome and looks really clean with the new pipes. I also added a new air cleaner from Thunder manufacturing and rejetted the bike. I had the local Honda dealer do all the work so warranty still covers everything.

Who told you the Stealer had to do the work,or you lose the warranty? The Stealer?
Whoever did is wrong........you can do 99.9% of the work yourself and have no issues with warranty
Coopi

·
Registered
13 Posts
Exhaust

The cheapest way is to modify your current exhaust is the clayton mod. May need to rejet when you do this. I have the hk 2.5's (not slip-ons) no need to rejet unless you change the airbox.
what if you use a K&N filter with stock airbox? getting some backfire when decelerating.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have sideburners on my 1300c and they are awesome. I started with the clayton mod and liked it for a while....well that was untill I rode with a group and heard everyones exhaust. There is a guy I rride with that got his pipe done at vtxexhaust. He likes them but I hate the sound. The sideburners have the best sound I have heard yet. I dont find they are all that loud. Maybe I am just deaf though.....LOL If price is an option do not go with the sideburners..they are pretty pricey. Also I did not have to rejet with these pipes. All that I did was adjust the a/f mixture with the screw. They also seem to have givin my bike more get up and go from a dead stop, and in 5th going past 60 is a breeze now and I can really feel the bike pulling now. Hope this info helps.
where can a man get tech info on a/f mixture screw?

·
Super Moderator
10,974 Posts
For what sort of info on the A/F screw are you looking? If you want to know how to adjust it, see the sticky thread in the Cafe called something "Carb, What Affects What". If you want to buy a replacement, the ONLY one you should buy is "Glen's permanent A/F screw".

·
Registered
13 Posts
For what sort of info on the A/F screw are you looking? If you want to know how to adjust it, see the sticky thread in the Cafe called something "Carb, What Affects What". If you want to buy a replacement, the ONLY one you should buy is "Glen's permanent A/F screw".
thanks that should get me started.I'll be in touch with results.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts