Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I have a 1300 C VTX 04 model so far I have rejetted the carb installed air fuel mixture adjuster still has the stock air box and stock air filter I have the air fuel adjuster set to about 1 and 1/2 + 1 and 3/4 turn out and I still have bad fumes from the exhaust on Startup even as it is warming up, its to where until its warm, theres no fumes but when i get off bike i always smell like smoke and i dont know whats the cause of it besides this it runs great anyone have any info about this

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a similar issue with my '09 1300C. I believe my jets are stock though the original owner did remove exhaust baffles. I noticed the fume issue without baffles and the same with baffles that I installed (thinking it might help). I don't really seem to notice the exhaust fumes at startup but definitely during a ride and smelling like exhaust afterwards. I read other posts where folks point at leaking/failing donut exhaust gaskets where the pipes bolt to the cylinders but my seem fine with no note of a leak or "puff". Sometimes I wonder if it is the windshield and/or my frame creating an exhaust vortex similar to the pigpen effect..haha!
Anyway - good luck and hopefully some others with experience will give better insight.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a similar issue with my '09 1300C. I believe my jets are stock though the original owner did remove exhaust baffles. I noticed the fume issue without baffles and the same with baffles that I installed (thinking it might help). I don't really seem to notice the exhaust fumes at startup but definitely during a ride and smelling like exhaust afterwards. I read other posts where folks point at leaking/failing donut exhaust gaskets where the pipes bolt to the cylinders but my seem fine with no note of a leak or "puff". Sometimes I wonder if it is the windshield and/or my frame creating an exhaust vortex similar to the pigpen effect..haha!
Anyway - good luck and hopefully some others with experience will give better insight.
Lol ok thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts