Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm interested in doing my own custom exhaust. I'm looking for a supplier that sells the 2 bolt flanges that attaches to the Head. I don't have my original exhaust anymore and do not want to cut the ones off my Vance & Hines pipes. The big hole has a clearance for a 1 3/4 inch tube with a 2 3/4 center to center on the bolt pattern. I spent hours trying to find something on the Internet with no luck. I have found some stuff for HD but I'm pretty sure the bolt pattern is different. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
16,059 Posts
Buy a wrecked bike. Chances are the damage doesn't include the parts of the exhaust you need, then just cut off what you need and sell the other salvageable bits.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for your reply PaXman. Was hoping not to buy salvage parts or spend a ton of money on stuff I don't need. Really would like to find a supplier so I could buy a few sets. I planning on make it a couple sets of pipes. Maybe I'll go down to the local Fab shop and have them blast some out on the water jet. It just seems like somebody out there would have these already made and available.

·
Registered
16,059 Posts
Hmm. Maybe a small foundry could make them for less than the cost of a wrecked bike or 2, but would need a set for the sand mold. Just thinking outside the box here. The more blanks you have made undoubtedly the cheaper the overall cost.

·
Super Moderator
9,695 Posts
The flanges I have seen look machined from a solid piece of steel and then chromed and not cast. I would worry about the strength of the part if using a cast part. What do others with more experience in working with metal than I have think?

·
Registered
16,059 Posts
You're probably right, foundry cost may be similar to taking a piece of already-finished tubing, then bending it and any machining needed for a strong quality product, then prepping it for chroming.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys, I'm interested in doing my own custom exhaust. I'm looking for a supplier that sells the 2 bolt flanges that attaches to the Head. I don't have my original exhaust anymore and do not want to cut the ones off my Vance & Hines pipes. The big hole has a clearance for a 1 3/4 inch tube with a 2 3/4 center to center on the bolt pattern. I spent hours trying to find something on the Internet with no luck. I have found some stuff for HD but I'm pretty sure the bolt pattern is different. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Is your bike a 1300 or 1800, and where are you located? I have my original pipes that I could sell you on the cheap, but shipping them really wouldn’t make sense cost-wise. I got them from the guy I bought my bike from and they just sit in the garage.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If all you want are the flanges that bolt the header pipes to the engine, go to partzilla.com. Join for nothing and put in your bike's info. They have all the OEM parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys thank for your replys. I did find some from SPD Exaust. There supposed to arrive tomorrow, they look like really nice peaces, CNC machines. The center hole is 1.75 which is the same size as the diameter of the pipe so they mite have to be honed out a bit. I will check out partzilla for the future, these were a little pricey. Thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts