Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was just about to pull the trigger on a set of Jug Huggers for 09 1300c when I saw this hole saw mod. On computer it sounds pretty good. Any comments anyone? How does the volume compare to a set of Bubs? It seems pretty deep sounding..:hmm2:

·
Chrome Ho
2,037 Posts
I have an 09 in here I took the hole saw to playin.. until a set of dooleys came in. Hey it sounds pretty damn good for stock pipes. After you hole saw it and look up in there you will see another plate that has holes in half of it. Take another bit and open them up so intsead of a bunch of holes its one big hole. She'll growl at you pretty good then. Huge difference from the way she sits now. If you want a nice sound you'll get it. Will it sounds as good as bubs? No. Try it first before you buy the bubs though. You can always buy the bubs if you still dont like it.

·
Equito Passim
9,148 Posts
Exhaust sound is subjective to the listener. What I like, you may not.

However, with regards to drilling out the pipes, I can say it did indeed help a ton.

I came off of a Shadow 1100 without baffles.

I couldn't hear the VTX 1300 when I bought it. Sounded like a Blender to me.

As soon as I found out about the Clayton Mod, I went for it.

Helped a ton.. But what it ended up doing was "making due" until I got aftermarket pipes. At least I could hear it.

If you look up the Clayton Mod and do it right, you can always thread bolts into the holes to "put it back" if you dont like it.

-Gonz

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well guys thanks for the feedback. I did it. Took about 1/2 hour with cleanup. Piece of cake. I love the sound, deep and louder and no popping or backfiring on decel, (stock airbox w/K&N). I didn't drill out any of the baffles though. It sounds great to me without the baffles drilled, also, I'm kind of in a noise sensitive neighborhood. Don't want to piss of the neighbors too much! Great cheap quick mod!! Maybe I'll still get a set of Bubs, but not for a while. Check out my video. I posted some still pics and before/after video of the sound.
:choppersm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-8uutliMnE

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Well guys thanks for the feedback. I did it. Took about 1/2 hour with cleanup. Piece of cake. I love the sound, deep and louder and no popping or backfiring on decel, (stock airbox w/K&N). I didn't drill out any of the baffles though. It sounds great to me without the baffles drilled, also, I'm kind of in a noise sensitive neighborhood. Don't want to piss of the neighbors too much! Great cheap quick mod!! Maybe I'll still get a set of Bubs, but not for a while. Check out my video. I posted some still pics and before/after video of the sound.
+1 on the mod; did mine several months ago and really have enjoyed the sound; not too loud and the pipes smoothes out while cruising and I'm still able to hear what's going on around me. :)

Glad you are enjoying your new sound! :mosh: :patriot:

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
If you're in a noise-sensitive neighborhood, Bubs will piss everybody off....VERY loud pipes, and the tone has alot of the high pitched resonance that alot of folks find annoying...I heard a 1300C ride past my house with those pipes, and it was too loud in my opinion...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts