Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Colorado riders,

I need some advice on exhaust systems, I am not real thrilled with the stock sound, but I don't want to wake the neighbors every time I start the vtx
Any suggestions, some one told me Vance & Hines has multiple baffles you can purchase until you find the right sound & level your looking for.
Any thoughts

Dan

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Not trying to be an ass but the search box is your friend...probably a couple hundred threads on this topic. Ride safe!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just trying to find some local boys, so I can hear what they sound like in person!
No ass taken!

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
LOL! Where the heck ya been Ray?

·
Registered
2006 Honda VTX 1300R
713 Posts
Ive got some samsons you could listen to...

I used to live in a 4plex in a quiet neighborhood and I would start my bike at 5:30 am every morning. I never had any complaints. An older lady said she could hear me taking off every morning but she never said it was too loud. Same with my current residence, no complaints. As long as you are not sitting there rev'ing the engine, or letting it idle for 15 min I dont think people will complain to much.

·
Equito Passim
9,148 Posts
If you're in the Denver area, I might be able to swing by with some Samson's you could hear... :)

-Gonz

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any local guys interested in a new set of Vance & Hines, for a 2002 1800R. I ran them for roughly 200 miles. I will through in the new fuel controller as well $425.00 in Berthoud

1 - 8 of 8 Posts