Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally had a warm enough day to take the bike down the road and have Jen get some video of the sound of the new pipes on the bike today...While loading them onto Youtube, I remembered the other vids I shot and figured it would be cool to do a comparison here so others can see what certain pipe mods will sound like....So here we go...

First up is the Clayton mod with 7 holes in the endplate of each pipe, and four deep holes...

Drilled more holes for a total of 11 in each pipe....

Went to the next step and did the Kiwi mod...Which involves removing the chrome tips, cutting off each endplate, and pretty much gutting the mufflers out..Not much left in there after that...

HK Big 3's.....

And now with my current setup, Vance and Hines Bigshots...The two ride-by's were at about 60-65 mph....

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I watched all of the videos and maybe its just me but the V&H sound like the gutted stockers whereas the MKs sound more staccato per cylinder. Hamph

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts
sonded good to me...

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
nice history of sound, Bass. Very good idea. the Vand H sounded very good, especially in the drive bys :D
Enjoy them !
Bry

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but I don't hear a nickles worth of difference.:hmm2: They all sound pretty damn nice.

Ride Safe:choppersm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts