Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be doing a jet kit soon and was wondering which products people have had problems with. I've read a few posts saying not to go with the dynojet and go with factory pro but with no follow up to that. Can anyone tell me why this is? Thanks!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Man, you have just opened up a can of worms. You will get an earful. (Don't you just love mixed metaphors).

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Easy - Factory Pro works - Dynojet does not. Read CharlieD writeup.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Ahahaha, oh ya..
All I am gonna say is that I read what the guys here said, then listened to the carb Guru Charlie D's suggestion.
Most guys on here proclaim him to be the "guy". So when he suggested Factory Pro.. That's what I did.
I installed it, tuned it and had it running like a champ in just over an hour. No fuss, no hassles... That and Glen's permanent A/F screw..Purr's like a kitten.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I bought a Dynojet kit long before I joined this forum and didn't know there were better options. What saved me was many years of rebuilding and playing with almost all models of Rochester, Carter, Holley and Ford carburetors on cars since I was 14, so I had a good idea what needed to be done when it acted a certain way. After a lot of trial and error, I got good results from a Dynojet kit, but if you are unfamiliar with carbs, this is a good way to really screw yourself up. It seems from what I have heard everyone say that Factory Pro is the way to go. Depending on the extent of modding you plan to do to your airbox, or none at all, there are guys here that will tell you exactly how to set up your metering rod, main and pilot jet for spot on results.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Not much of a vs question it's almost like saying "Nerdy kid from down the street VS Mike Tyson" Factory pro all the way. I found it very easy to install and get tuned right.

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
Boy have I gotten in trouble on this on many times on the other board. I have helped many over there and have had many privately PM me thanking me for talking them into changing to FP after they were getting multiple help from the other boards DJ guro's and with all there help they still couldn't get the DJ's right and the DJ guro's would swear by them. So in my opinion if you want to spend countless time trying to get it right go for the a DJ's but if all you want to do is install them and just go ride then by all means go with the Factory Pro. So listen to CharlieD and he will help you.
I would also highly recommend installing Glen's permanent a/f adjuster while you have it apart as it make fine adjusting the a/f very easy.

Donut/Doug

·
Registered
486 Posts
Obviously you are asking questions because you need the wisdom of others here. Just get the Factory Pro kit, since its what the experts who are helping you suggest.

I did and CharlieD helped me dial it in quick fast and in a hurry.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
The dynojet kit got a very bad reputation because the dynojet kit that is included with the hypercharger is wrong the main jet is to lean and the slow jet is insanely too rich
I have used both and they both work

Sent from stone tablet and chisel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts