1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Many people are using that fairing, use the search funtion and search for ebay fairing, should get plenty of hits, bassdude has lots of pics of his install.

·
Certified Biotch!
7,165 Posts
Yeah quite a few of the guys on here are using them...Might want to PM parttimr he is a member on here, last I heard from him he was going to sell his that he had bought, he might have already sold it or changed his mind...but could be worth a shot!

Good Luck :cheers:

I hear you guys might have some snow heading in to Southern Indiana soon...

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
That looks like a good deal for people who are handy enough to be able to adapt/install it. I'm not sure if i am handy enough, my confidence level for doing new things is low as a snakes belly. :confused:
Bry

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have been looking for a fairing for my bike, mainly to mount a stereo in. I was on E bay and ran across a fairing from Invicta motor sports that is selling for dirt cheap, I think the last one went for $70. I didn't know if anyone knew anything about them or the company. Here is the e bay link if you want to check it out http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-VTX-Detachable-Fairing-5-inch-/220703667667?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3362f6b5d3

That is the same model I bought from the same guy...
To be perfectly honest - If I had known then what I know now I would have not bought it nor will I recommend it now!

They described it as a "kit" that needed some work to finish before installation - that, IMO - was more than a little deceptive. It would need to be completely re-worked before even applying the first layer of primer.
Absolutely Nothing on it lined up correctly when attempting to assemble it - nothing. The lip where the windshield mounts is probably the worst - on the left side that lip is about 1" wide, on the right side it's closer to 2.5 inches wide - and it looks really bad when assembled! That alone would be a really tough fix!
So for now it's hanging on the garage wall as a reminder to look at Quality first, price second!

·
Banned
3,042 Posts
I have to respectfully disagree with DuaneS, this is the exact same seller that BassDude bought his from, and on his recommendation i bought the same one. I have no issues with the quality at all, all seams fit the way they should and the way it was prepped left very little for my painter to do. In my opinion the $86.00 i paid for mine was a great deal and i would not hesitate to purchase again. I do wonder if you were that unhappy with the product why you didn't return it?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Snip -
I do wonder if you were that unhappy with the product why you didn't return it?
He would only have refunded the purchase price. Add the original shipping costs to the return shipping cost and it came to more than I paid for the item. Then subtract the PayPal fees and I would have spent close to $80 to get $65 back...

I'm am glad you & Bassdude got a deal, and everyone else that is happy with their purchase. But the quality of the fairing I received left a LOT to be desired.
Without doing any paint work, I did finally install the complete unit and took it out for a few test rides, probably 500 miles or so. I have since decided that I like my Boulevard shield better and will reinstall it as I finish my winter mods & maintenance.

and to add even more - I own 2 Memphis Shades 21" Fats, that fairing, and a Hondaline Boulevard. I have several thousand miles on all but the fairing and I can honestly tell you that I much prefer the Boulevard over the other two.

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
I bought one on Ebay very similar for $200 (but can't remember the sellers name :harder:) Mine has the two 6x9's vs the four speakers, but it uses the clamps just like the one you posted. I am very happy with the fit & finish and it even has the rounded headlight opening, I put it right on with no work needed. (other than paint)
Unless you want to pay a ton more money (and even then...) it's not unreasonable to expect to have to do a little prep for paint.

The only thing I had to do was make two spacers to put between the fork tube & the fairing to bump it out a touch because it's designed for the 18's but works great for the 13's when spacers are used.

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
My Invicta fairing came from the same seller, but I got the Harley Roadking version, not the VTX version...I wanted to keep my chrome upper fork covers, and made my own mounting brackets...Yeah it was alot of work to make it fit right, but more than worth it to se the final product, and rock out to my favorite tunes while rolling down the highway!!...:mosh:

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have the same fairing as Bassdude. I am also using his instructions to install the fairing on my bike. So far I am well pleased with the work in progress.

If you want lots of info on this fairing. type "Invicta fairing" into the search bar. You will get plenty of threads including all the original one's from Bassdude with the evolution of his fairing mount ideas.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea I really like the Ultra fairings, but they are a bit out of my price range. I'm pretty handy so I think I will grab one of these off e bay and see what I can do with it. I will post picks as I get the fairing painted, mounted and finished out. Thanks for all the comments, they were very helpful. Now if it will just warm up so I can quit spending money on the bike and go back to riding.:choppersm

·
Registered
989 Posts
You wont regret it, VTX_Jay!!!

·
BONIFIED
13 Posts
you get what you pay for

I looked at those and shyed away. Instead Iwent with the Memphis Shades Batwing and I am really pleased with the outcome. I have also had alot of compliments while out and about. The whole setup was a little pricey but well worth it and with the quick disconnect mount I can have the whole thing off in about 30 seconds.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts