Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys I’m having troubles finding a stereo fairing for my 05 Honda vtx1800f spec 3 It has a batwing on it right now but doesn’t have stereo. Anyone know of a decent looking one that’s for my bike? TIA

·
Registered
2009 VTX 1300R, Long Island NY
898 Posts
Alright guys I’m having troubles finding a stereo fairing for my 05 Honda vtx1800f spec 3 It has a batwing on it right now but doesn’t have stereo. Anyone know of a decent looking one that’s for my bike? TIA
You might want to show pictures of your batwing. Is it a 2 piece batwing with an inner shell? Can you post pictures of both sides? If it is a 2 piece, have you opened it up and looked inside?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Really hard to tell from that picture. Is it just the outer shell, one think piece of fiber/plastic, so there is no inner cavity for a radio? If so, your options are to get a new batwing that is a 2 piece design, or one of those handlebar mounted speaker pods (the sound is no where as good as a true car stereo with/without amp).

I have a Tsukayu GPS Batwing Fairing

Tsukayu Fairing, Hard Saddlebags and Touring Trunk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Correct it’s just an outer shell so can’t put a stereo in it that’s why I’m looking for one cause I don’t want handle bar mounted ones they are in the way and can’t hear them

·
Registered
2009 VTX1300r
18 Posts
I've been looking at stereo fairings for my 1300. I hate the memphis shades fairing that I have, pretty sure that's what op is rocking as well.

recklessmotorcycles.com has some nice options that I really like.

Tsuyaku looks alright but I hate their website.

There was a guy in south Dakota that made fiberglass fairings by hand but I can't find his website nor do I remember the name.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have been digging around and can't make up my mind on what i want. I keep coming back to the Tsukayu. I really like the Boox one, but I just want to be able to use my phone as a stereo/GPS.

·
Registered
2009 VTX1300r
18 Posts
I have been digging around and can't make up my mind on what i want. I keep coming back to the Tsukayu. I really like the Boox one, but I just want to be able to use my phone as a stereo/GPS.
Yeah I like their prices. I think reckless has one that's setup to take your phone in lieu of a head unit. I'm leaning towards a reckless fairing with 2 6x9s and a tsukayu top box with two 6x9s. I like the more squared look above the headlight that appears to be more defined on the reckless model.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just bought one a few months ago direct from TSUKAYU for my VTX1800S. The one I purchased was the batwing with full stereo 6 x 9 waterproof speakers - no GPS. Here's a link to what's compatible with your bike. Really happy with mine and it was delivered in under 2 weeks. Tsukayu Fairing, Hard Saddlebags and Touring Trunk

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
I am very happy with my Tsukayu GPS. I think their speakers are ok at best, and their amp is also ok (the upgraded amp). I replaced both and am VERY happy. They did a great job with the fiber, the gel coat, and all the wiring. It could be done cheaper by yourself, but time is money. They honestly aren't asking much for all you get.

Even with replacing the amp and the speakers, I would still do it again. I've had mine for several years now.

Reactions: Cloud

·
The Dude That Rides
2007 Honda VTX 1800N1
2,701 Posts
If you just want to use your phone to play music from like I do, instead of a head unit I bought a bluetooth amp with speakers that mount to your handlebar. The 2 speaker version is under $100 and 4 speaks for $130. It's a BOSS system. Even at triple digit speed I can hear it. Walmart has it and so does Cycle Gear. eBay sells it as well. BTW, I have the same fairing as the OP it looks like.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts