Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's here. Leaves are falling everywhere, hunting seasons have begun, animals on the run. Opportunities for riding are rapidly dwindling. Many of us have our home maintenance duties to get ready for that white junk falling from the sky. My recently repaired 20 yr. old sn**blower is ready for another 20 years( of course- it's a Honda). Dry firewood is stacked and ready for use in the woodburner. Gutters inspected, roof heat cables ready to spin the meters. Have to put away the deck furniture till spring. Still have to take out the 2 window unit AC's. I feel we will have a pre-Thanksgiving heat wave yet, lol. How about the rest of you?

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,195 Posts
Not done a thing yet.
I also still have my AC ready.

It's not winter until the bike gets washed and covered.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
We had our first taste of winter last Thursday here in Colorado, but that lasted only one day.
I am far from ready to park the bike though; I was supposed to be in New Mexico right now, but I noticed a small quarter-sized patch of canvas on my rear tire so I am 'on hold' until I get a new one mounted.

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
did the first of the many gutter emptying of tree seeds ( twirler type ) ...
then the leaves in a few weeks.... 2 inches long and 1/2 inch wide....

( Fran ) , Wilda said Hello, and we are going for a bicycle ride.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,195 Posts
That's a good point it will be a few weeks yet before the gutter cleaning. Stupid trees. Not even in my yard but I get to clean up the mess. 🤬

·
Registered
16,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the leaf vac out today, after the 1st full load of clippings and leaves, I started on the 2nd. It was running only about half throttle and stalled several times, and was clogging the 6" intake hose because it wasn't spinning fast enough. Ended up taking the fuel tank off to get at the carb, taking it partly apart looking for a fuel filter (found none), and found the fuel hose from the tank to the carb was old, brittle, cracked in several places, and probably sucking air. Changed the hose, then dropped the bowl and found a bunch of crap in the bowl, probably keeping it from getting fuel. Was running out of time, but fired it up, and it ran better, but won't really know until tomorrow under load. Worst case scenario, it's a Briggs, so getting a new carb shouldn't be too hard. Yes, I run un-ethanol fuel w/ Seafoam or a bit of Startron Blue.

·
Registered
145 Posts
yep gettin prepped up ,big window air quit 3 weeks ago ,it wasnt 3 monts old took it back to wal mart.they didn't want to give me a refund called asst manager then manager .finally got the refund, ordered a new one from walmart shipped the wrong one.waiting on the right one now.what has happend to that place,act of congress to get a damn refund.and shipping is screwed up too.o well .i hadnt got a leaf blower ,got a garage air compressor and 100 ft hose that;s my leaf blower.blow off the porches and sidewalk into the yard,go get big red a 61 inch cut husky zero turn and mulch the devil out of everything,just got done yesterday.weatherman calling for frost thursday or friday.beautiful summer gonna miss it.got the heat bumped up a lil.mtn;s of wnc gettin chilly

·
Super Moderator
9,677 Posts
I'm headed from the mountains of western NC to central FL this coming Friday so winter is nigh :)

·
From ID, GO VANDALS!
300 Posts
We have had unseasonably cold weather here the past couple of weeks. We hit lows in the 20s which for our area is about 40° below normal. Luckily we didn't get any snow locally, but the areas around us got up to 3". I am not ready to park my bike yet. Rode to work today 35° on the ride in, supposed to hit mid 60's by later today. The ride home will be considerably warmer. Our cold snap hasn't taken full effect yet as all of our trees were still green. Another couple of weeks and I am sure they will all be falling.

·
Registered
16,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After cleaning out the carb on the leaf vac Briggs pony motor, she works fine at full throttle, so I vacc-ed up another hopper full, dumped that, and then went round & round sucking up all the little beech nuts in my yard. Cold, rainy, windy next few days will bring down a LOT of whats left, so this weekend the hopper will get another good workout. Really surprised this unit wasn't mfg'd with an inline fuel filter. THAT will be remedied before next season, 4 sure.

·
Registered
16,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took the bedroom AC out. I think we get another 70+ day or 2, so the big one in the living area stays for a couple more weeks. If it gets really warm, I can put the bedroom unit back in in 5 min.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,195 Posts
It was 70 yesterday with windows open. Today it's a windy 45.
Not pulled my AC yet. I'm still hoping for another 90 degree day.

·
Super Moderator
9,677 Posts
Next summer sounds great. See you then.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,195 Posts
Only getting 70 degree days. AC is getting pulled. My case they the portable units I just roll them into a closet. Stupid house doesn't have windows where I can use an in window unit.

Thinking about making a fire pit out of paver blocks and building a small deck for the backyard. Stuff to enjoy in fall because mosquitoes are insane rest of year.

·
Registered
16,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finished strengthening my outside wood rack with 2 new 4x4 posts on the ends. All painted nice & purty. May design a slanted cover for it to keep sn## off when I clear it off the deck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts