in the desert !"

"Tell me, Papa... "

"Yes, my son ?"

"... Why are we living in northern Wisconsin and still wearing
all this chit?!" :choppersm

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
There was a report in USA Today last monday stating that there is an old afgan islamic saying: women are for babies, boys are for fun. a bunch of pervs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yea I do agree that must be out of place dressing up. but one should not make fun of some people's culture, even they might not be in their home, these clothes make them comfortable & represent their heritage. if it wasn't important then I don't think all the world leaders in UN would go for speech in their national robes.

Have a thought about it guys. not everything is a joke.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
yea I do agree that must be out of place dressing up. but one should not make fun of some people's culture, even they might not be in their home, these clothes make them comfortable & represent their heritage. if it wasn't important then I don't think all the world leaders in UN would go for speech in their national robes.

Have a thought about it guys. not everything is a joke.
And yet posting about making fart noises in class on a thread about hearing a childs heartbeat for the first time is not in the same category requiring thought? Maybe I misunderstand the sentiment.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
We have to be able to laugh at ourselves as well as others. If not, it's a pretty barren and loney exhistance.

By the way, it IS a funny joke!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Oh freakin' STOP it!! This is not a BITCH session. Everytime I see a lil BITCHFEST like this go on, the vtxoa comes to mind. You guys wanna continue this, then go over there!!

On a serious note, and I know Ill get flamed for this but I dont give a chit, this is AMERICA. Like it, Live it, Love it, or GTFO. Dont attempt to push your ways, ways of living, style, culture, and surely as hell dont mess with my McDonald's menu, with your hala(sp) foods on me.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
oh freakin' stop it!! This is not a bitch session. Everytime i see a lil bitchfest like this go on, the vtxoa comes to mind. You guys wanna continue this, then go over there!!

on a serious note, and i know ill get flamed for this but i dont give a chit, this is america. Like it, live it, love it, or gtfo. Dont attempt to push your ways, ways of living, style, culture, and surely as hell dont mess with my mcdonald's menu, with your hala(sp) foods on me.
+1 :)

·
Registered
875 Posts
+ 1 I agree with Sepiroth. Everyone has the right to represent there culture, style, whatever, its called freedom. Its really no different then someone with crazy hair, piercings, tattoos, etc. But this is America. You may be free to dress like an idiot, but I am free to mock you for it. And vice versa.

And FYI referencing the world leaders at the UN is a horrible example on so many levels.

1st, most people hold very little respect for the UN period.
2nd, They are supposed to represent there country to the whole world, its their job. 3rd They travel alot and their garb is basically equipped with a built in Snuggie.
4th I really wouldn't mock someone with Diplomatic Immunity, they can do whatever they want.

But a family in the suburbs that wears desert clothes, Id mock em too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts