·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Very, very nice!!! :mosh:

·
Certified Biotch!
7,165 Posts
I really like those :mosh::mosh:

They look very good on your bike, Now get rid of that black plastic tag crap back there, and that will really clean it all up!! :bleh::bleh::stirpot:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
They really look great, and im betting they sound just as good as they look. Nice work! and Merry Christmas too.
Bry :choppersm

·
F rider
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Much Nice! ;) Which pipes are these?

So...now that we have the pics...when do we get the sound clips?

This thread is useless without sound clips ya know! :icon_eek:

;)
These are the vance and hines Bigshots. I would love to get a sound clip, but I don't have anything around here to record it with. My cellphone records with some weird format that my computer won't play.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

·
F rider
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really like those :mosh::mosh:

They look very good on your bike, Now get rid of that black plastic tag crap back there, and that will really clean it all up!! :bleh::bleh::stirpot:
That's on my list, but the next mod is gonna be an AtoZ seat. I got the looks and the sound, now its time for comfort!

·
SILVER BULLET
264 Posts
that is sweet man, it's like owning a new bike again....the looks, sound, the looks you get. Lol :mosh:Have a Merry Christmas

·
Pie liker/Snow Hater
9,911 Posts
These are the vance and hines Bigshots. I would love to get a sound clip, but I don't have anything around here to record it with. My cellphone records with some weird format that my computer won't play.

That's what I thought you had said in the other thread. :hmm2:
Guess I didn't realize they had two different configurations of Big Shots. I like they way those look! Very nice!

...and I was just teasing about the sound clip. ;)

·
F rider
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well finally got to go on a little longer ride since putting the new pipes on. Got 3 of my buddies together and rode about 130 miles today. Man I love these pipes! First off, I had ZERO back popping on decel, without adjusting anything. As for any power difference, the 1800 already has so much torque taking off from a dead stop that the old seat-o-the pants ometer had a hard time telling if there was any difference. Where I did notice a difference was when in 5th gear loping around at about 45- 50 and then hitting the throttle without down-shifting. With the stock pipes, it would accelerate from 45 in 5th, but it really didn't like it. Now you can roll on the throttle and it just smoothly takes off. Also seams to have more kick at highway speeds. Again this is all judged by riding. Don't know if mileage was affected one way or another, if it went down I would have to say it was because of me laying in the throttle to hear it sing! I guess to some it up, so far, I am extremely happy with these pipes, and would definitely recommend them.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Great lookin pipes- And I like the comments on the performance at various speeds, loads. Good Stuff.

One question- is there a crossover between the pipes like the cobra's on Hawkvtx's ?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sweeeeet! Looking good man. Darkside would look good behind those pipes. Nobody (Angel) made a good suggestion and I think hacksaw blades are pretty cheap! :stirpot:

·
F rider
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great lookin pipes- And I like the comments on the performance at various speeds, loads. Good Stuff.

One question- is there a crossover between the pipes like the cobra's on Hawkvtx's ?
Yes there is. That is why I narrowed it down to either the vance and hines big shots, and the cobra speedsters, they were the only two into two systems (that I could afford) with crossovers. Hey Wally, sawing all that plastic off would be easy, but then I gotta figure out what to do with the plate!

·
Certified Biotch!
7,165 Posts
Yes there is. That is why I narrowed it down to either the vance and hines big shots, and the cobra speedsters, they were the only two into two systems (that I could afford) with crossovers. Hey Wally, sawing all that plastic off would be easy, but then I gotta figure out what to do with the plate!

I added a Kury lighted tag holder to mine...when you are ready I have pics of how I did mine, I would be happy to send them to you...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts