Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We finally had a decent day yesterday and after having the bike sitting in the shop for two weeks, yes two weeks I was able to get it out and ride some yesterday. Just a coat on and jean the crisp 50 degree air felt good hitting me in the face and I have felt rejuvenated and a sense of relief that has carried over into today. The only problem is I want to experience it again and with a possible wintery mix in the forecast for today it's not going to happen :icon_cry2 I HATE THIS TIME OF YEAR!

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
At least you got to ride.....:)

My parts are still in the hands of the painter....not complaining, just miss riding....:(

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Had some snow the other day and roads were icy yesterday so no ride in to work and too much to do to ride today. Glad you could enjoy what you had.

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
+1 on HATING this time of year. At the moment it is 25° outside. May work to 50° in the afternoon. I may gear up, layer up, buck up and take a spin.

Have high 60°'s and low 70°'s on a few days in the 10 day forecast. Maybe.

Did find ONE, count 'em ONE, virtue of Winter the other day. At work our Coke machine delivery guy brought drinks in for the vending machine. They were already as cold or colder off of the truck than they would have been after a few hours in the machine. Hate getting a warm drink out of a vending machine.....

So chalk ONE up for Old Man Winter....

Wishing everyone a quick arriving spring and summer ....

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I know how you feel, almost. After a week of ice and light snow i got out for a few hours yesterday. It was cold, warmest it got was 35 but it was sunny out. It felt good, really good, the freedom that i have missed. Maybe today i'll get another chance.
Ride safe :mosh:

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
It's 16 degrees in Frankfort this morning, I'm at work. I think that I'll go for a short one when I get home.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Pms

I've got PMS & will likely keep it until April or May. They use soooo much salt on the roads around here I won't take my X out until we have several good rains to wash it away. They seem to like to make 3"-6" piles of salt in various places that you don't see until you're on top of them, not to mention the corrosion factor!:banghead:

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Been keeping myself busy working on the carbs and some other mods for my wing. Can't wait for it to warm up a bit. Forecast is calling for a 50% of a major snow storm next couple of days. Arrrgghh.

·
Dragon Slayer
8,515 Posts
I am so with you dude, winter around here sux!! Hopefully, I'll get a day or two, to get some miles in, but, this time of year, it's unlikely

1 - 13 of 13 Posts