Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I did the fp jets, pair valve delet and gleen a/f screw today not the smoothest but got it all done I crank the bike and fixed the a/f put in 1st dies dosnt even try to move just dies she idles fun and reves ok but wouldn't go in 1st I used 58 main , 215 slow did I use wrong jets or do I need to fiddle with the a/f screw some more? Also when doing the needle I put in the 4th clip I also seen ppl clipping the tit ( thing the spring sits on) I didn't should have I clipped it? Agian never done this before so any advice is welcomed tia

Ps had to drill on of the carb screws out not really fun
Fluid Gesture Finger Thumb Gas

·
Super Moderator
12,327 Posts
With the needle in place and the yellow plastic retainer locked into place, push your finger against the pointy end of the needle. Does the needle have a slight give to it where it is being depressed against the spring? Also, can you wiggle the needle back and forth slightly? If you cannot do these things and, hence, the needle is rigid, then the "tit" needs clipped.

·
Super Moderator
12,327 Posts
Then you are okay. If you end up moving the clip to a position further from the blunt end, this might cause the needle to not move freely and you would have to clip the "tit".

·
Super Moderator
12,327 Posts
Well, adjusting just the A/F screw is not enough. You need to go through the rejetting/tuning process outlined in the thread here on the Cafe titled something like "carb, what affects what".

Reactions: Busadude

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so update. bike dosnt die in first now come to find out Ben the clip on the needle when I put it back together so had to clip the tit for the needle and she works gonna tune it Friday no time through the week to do it ✌

1 - 10 of 10 Posts