Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Redlands,CA. I am almost as new to riding as I am to this forum.

I bought my first bike yesterday, 2009 VTX1300R. I got a great deal and I am thrilled to jump in to this world! I have been learning on a 1995 KLX250 for the last couple months to get the hang of the controls. Growing up, my dad always had a Harley. I fondly remember jumping on the back at 7yo and going on rides with him. I have dreamed of having my own bike ever since. Jumping on this beast has already been a learning curve, but an exciting one. I really look forward to the knowledge and experience I can glean from you more experienced VTX riders out there.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,077 Posts
Welcome from Indianapolis,

Best to schedule a basic riding course when you can. You really learn a lot. Even people riding for years have learned from taking a class.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Welcome to the party!

Basic riding course is a must! I also recommend going on YouTube and watching a buttload of video on riding and proper techniques. I can't tell you how much that helped me. And then practice, practice, practice!!! Especially the slow speed stuff. That stuff comes in handy at the oddest times lol

·
Registered
460 Posts
Welcome from east Texas. Like the others have said, rider safety course and low speed practice are a must with these heavy bikes. Ride safe and enjoy

·
Premium Member
10,078 Posts
W
Hello from Redlands,CA. I am almost as new to riding as I am to this forum.

I bought my first bike yesterday, 2009 VTX1300R. I got a great deal and I am thrilled to jump in to this world! I have been learning on a 1995 KLX250 for the last couple months to get the hang of the controls. Growing up, my dad always had a Harley. I fondly remember jumping on the back at 7yo and going on rides with him. I have dreamed of having my own bike ever since. Jumping on this beast has already been a learning curve, but an exciting one. I really look forward to the knowledge and experience I can glean from you more experienced VTX riders out there.
Welcome from Tennessee and wishing you well. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🛩🛩🛩🏍

1 - 5 of 5 Posts