Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Regular Person
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a flag mount for the Hondaline Deluxe sissy bar/luggage rack. All I can find are for round or square frames, not flat like the setup I have. Can someone point me in the right direction?

·
Gator for life
4,116 Posts

·
Regular Person
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
None of those will work but thanks for the effort.

Glen's vtx garage has a mount for your plate which allows for two flags.
http://glensvtxgarage.com/dualflagmount.html
I don't have the stock license plate frame. Thanks though.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I need a flag mount for the Hondaline Deluxe sissy bar/luggage rack. All I can find are for round or square frames, not flat like the setup I have. Can someone point me in the right direction?
What about this?
The one in the small picture might fit on your sissy bar ?

·
Registered
456 Posts

How about something like this?

That's a Hondaline deluxe backrest and a MS lowers mount holding each flag.
has worked perfectly for the last 4 years.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I like your backrest,did you make it?
No, not me... Those were being made by someone on this forum or that other one... I just don't remember his name. I'm sure someone will chime in...
I don't believe he sells them plain any longer, just chromed... I bought mine when he was first getting started and I requested one unfinished. I then took it over to my powder-coating buddy and had him do it in a black wrinkle finish - it's actually Harley Davidson's black wrinkle finish, but I didn't hold that against him..;)
as I mounted it, I slid a piece of very thin red plastic behind it and called it good.

·
Registered
912 Posts
No, not me... Those were being made by someone on this forum or that other one... I just don't remember his name. I'm sure someone will chime in...
I don't believe he sells them plain any longer, just chromed... I bought mine when he was first getting started and I requested one unfinished. I then took it over to my powder-coating buddy and had him do it in a black wrinkle finish - it's actually Harley Davidson's black wrinkle finish, but I didn't hold that against him..;)
as I mounted it, I slid a piece of very thin red plastic behind it and called it good.
Very nice,BUT HD black.:)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Very nice,BUT HD black.:)
Yup, and I've actually considered doing a lot more of the bike in that same Harley Davidson black wrinkle finish... or whatever black winkle finish he has on hand at the moment. - my work is free, or damn close - :cheers:
if prepping chrome wasn't such a PITA, I'd probably do it... It makes a nice looking finish.

·
Regular Person
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How about something like this?

That's a Hondaline deluxe backrest and a MS lowers mount holding each flag.
has worked perfectly for the last 4 years.

That just might do the trick! Do you know the part number I would need to order?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts