Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Whatever...
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question: Did Honda ever offer a two tone flame paint job for the 1300?

On my 2005 1300 S, that I bought in 2015, has red on red flames, and no "wings" on the tank. Was this from the factory, or did someone customize it?

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design
Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Also, where the "Honda" badge is on the side covers, my bike has flames...
Automotive parking light Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Was any of this from the Honda factory?

·
Super Moderator
11,481 Posts
I am no expert but I can't see Honda choosing to omit their badging/branding so I suspect these are aftermarket parts/paint jobs.

Reactions: eherlihy

·
Registered
97 Posts
that is a Honda OEM paint scheme.

the flames are actually decals that are applied under the clear coat. and are no longer available and were expensive as hell, $75 - $150 each and depending on the model there could be up to 8 decals. 2 for rear fender 4 for tank 2 for front fender.

the VTX models that came with the flames did not have the VTX wing logos on the tanks. only solid colored models had those.

·
Super Moderator
11,481 Posts
What about the flame decorations on the side covers pictured above? Were those OEM?

·
The Dude That Rides
2007 Honda VTX 1800N1
2,701 Posts
What if your VTX is faster than flames? Maybe Fran can clue us in on that since he has warp drive...

Reactions: eherlihy

·
Registered
17,697 Posts
What if your VTX is faster than flames? Maybe Fran can clue us in on that since he has warp drive...
You just close your eyes, and hang on for dear life. Sooner or later warp drive kicks out.

• Haha
Reactions: RJ64
1 - 7 of 7 Posts