Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I managed to install Mapam forward controls (thanks ak-rider for a great write-up) and in the battle frenzy I made a foldable sissy bar out of a stock (non-folding) one. I really like the 1300C clean and low without all the bars and saddlebags. All I really need is a luggage rack for daily commuting. I rarely ride two up but when I do I want the passenger to feel safe and comfy.

The bar is attached by upper mounting bolts which enables it to swing. I used plastic washers to prevent any scratching. In "passenger position" it is secured by the luggage rack and lower mounting bolts (not going through the mounting holes in the bar, but protruding from side rails and locking it in place when unfolded). Using wingnuts I can detach the sissy bar in seconds when I don't need it or just fold it down when I'm not using it temporarily. It turned out it provides a great backpack support too 馃榾

Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
Will that fold the opposite direction with a passenger?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hahah, no, no way. As I wrote, the bar is blocked by the rack. There is no way it can move this way, even if you grab it from behind and pull. Then the bolts I left on the inside of each side rail block the bar on both sides of the bike. It can swing only forward. I bet it would be great with a single seat (and some attachable passenger seat in case of two-up ride). During single ride the backrest would go right down to the fender, completely flat when folded (a quick GIMP touch-up):

1 - 3 of 3 Posts