Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to remove the fork lock without removing the whole triple tree? My lock fell apart years ago. The outer piece has been rattling like crazy so I want to remove it

·
Mosin Prime
2005 1300R Lots of lights! 2 air horns P3 tail light w/Photon blasters Diode Dynamics and Daymaker
764 Posts
Thats a good question. I though the same for mine, it too makes a rattle. Can't find anything in the manual for it. The best I can see from your pic it looks to be cast and attached some how? Other than cutting it off, I guess it shouldn't be easily removed as a security feature on the bike? Mine rattles too!

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,452 Posts
Check the parts diagram it's probably a one way screw like the rear helmet lock. People still cut off.

·
Super Moderator
9,998 Posts
Or squeeze some silicone RTV into the nooks and crannies of it. That should set up and stop the rattling.

Reactions: MosinZealot

·
Mosin Prime
2005 1300R Lots of lights! 2 air horns P3 tail light w/Photon blasters Diode Dynamics and Daymaker
764 Posts
I can't find a parts diagram anywhere in the manual for it that I can see. I tried some zip ties and wedging something else up in there. Silicone sounds like another good try!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may try and rip the outer piece off, its obviously removable since its rattling. That would at least expose the inside of the lock and whether its formed with the tree or attached via a bolt. Worst case, I break out the dremel.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
The fork lock is attached by two bolts that are only accessible from the top of the tree. I removed mine when I was blacking out my bike so it could be painted. I suppose if you could find a way to cut through the bolts you could be able to remove it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts