Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Really OLD FART Member
5,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am thinking about getting an inexpensive GPS for my wife to use in the new truck. Figured if it wasn't too big I might be able to use it on the bike by keeping it in my pocket or tank bag.

Anyway...I'm not too savvy on these bad boys so I was looking at reviews and trying to find info when I came across this website that not only attempts to fill in the gaps left by the on-line manuals but offers up many other hints, tips, helps and cousel all in one place. I've only just starting perusing but felt impressed to share in case there were other GPS newbies like me.

Enjoy or Comment at Will

http://bit.ly/garmin_gps_tricks

...Will's in the other room so he'll never know anyway.

·
Really OLD FART Member
5,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those look interesting. How to cover them (i.e. weather proof)?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Put mine in a zip-lock and into the pocket it goes. I leave the bar attachment on the bike all the time and remove the actual holder just by loosening the thumb screw. I did once slip a zip=lock quart bag over the GPS while mounted and we hit some light rain and was out in no-where land but it was only light rain. We have stopped, turned the system on, under cover, just to get highway directions but it went back into a zip-lock and back into the pocket. There is an all weather mount but the cost was a bit steep for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts