'06 VTX 1300 C and R
6,657 Posts
:love::love::love::love: black and chrome :love::love::love::love:

Reactions: SouthWestSon

·
Registered
'06 VTX 1300 C and R
6,657 Posts
Gives me some ideas my wife may not appreciate $$$ .. I did mention having my rims powder coated would keep me from having to polish them ;) Since I run a CT rear, next time I have to tear the rear down for inspection/grease -- may as well "get er dun". I've never wet sanded the rear like the front so it could stand a little love.
I'll have to keep up with your ideas (y)

·
Registered
65 Posts
She may not like the idea of you spending money on your bike...but the look on their face is priceless when they find out...I try to find a way to make it my wife's fault when I do it:rolleyes:. You'll still have to clean them, but a change in the look will make you fall in love again.

·
Registered
'06 VTX 1300 C and R
6,657 Posts
:sleep::sleep::whistle::whistle::unsure::unsure::sleep::sleep::cry::cry: Ok, where's Frank ???

·
Registered
65 Posts
So in June I had right knee surgery and just over a week ago I had left ankle surgery...so things have been a little slow. I have another 2 weeks before I am placed in a in walking boot and get more done. I was able to some things done prior to my recent ankle surgery, such as:

The triple tree is back on the bike with new bearings
The forks have been rebuilt, powder coated covers re-installed and are on back on the bike
The front fender support brackets have been polished and the fender is back on the bike
10" Kage Fighter handlebars with 1 1/2" spacers installed
Misc. powder coated covers placed back on Ole Frank
Installed new All Balls bearings onto the rear wheel and mounted the tire
Installed powder coated side plate mount to chrome final drive and installed on the bike with the rear wheel
Installed new 412s 11 1/2" progressive shocks
Installed powder coated swing arm covers
Polished all visible bolt heads and other misc. visible parts IMG_1718.JPG IMG_1719.JPG F brake rotor before polish.jpeg F brake rotor after polish.jpeg IMG_1904.JPG IMG_1906.JPG IMG_1929.JPG IMG_1932.JPG IMG_1957.JPG IMG_1958.JPG

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was informed that a few parts are done with powder coating to include the front wheel. I had them re-do it because I didn't like the way it came out. I have sent out a few more parts for powder coating, to include the exhaust. I still need to clean up the wiring, clean up the frame, install new front wheel bearings, install the new Daymaker headlight once the headlight bucket comes back from paint, re-stall the handle bar switches and reservoirs, tank and covers.

Once I get the brake and clutch reservoirs on the handlebars I will be able to measure for new Spiegler lines (black with chrome ends).

Ole Frank is coming along...

·
Registered
648 Posts
Impressive work all the way around. Those black forks look killer! Did you need to open up the triple tree to compensate for the power coat?

·
FREEBIRD
7,722 Posts
Nice work! How lucky are we to be going through a Frankenstein build for a second time?! Come to think of it, this may be the 3rd time. Lol, fine by me!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice work! How lucky are we to be going through a Frankenstein build for a second time?! Come to think of it, this may be the 3rd time. Lol, fine by me!
Thanks. I find myself very fortunate to be the one putting hand on. Ole Frank was already an awesome build...he just needed some do attention, cleaning and a little make over. Shawn built an amazing bike!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Thanks. No modifications to the Trees. These are are upper and lower fork covers. The uppers one fit between the upper and lower trees
I didn't realize they were covers. Look sharp.

Which handle bars are those? I want something similar.

Reactions: sumdatx

·
Registered
65 Posts
They are LA Choppers Kage Fighters 1 1/4" Gloss Black 10" rise. I also added 1 1/2" spacers with a couple of 1 1/4" stainless flat washers for aesthetics. With adapter and spacers there is about 12 1/2" rise with about 3 1/2" pull back.

1DAACF3E-8CB0-4EF4-9839-320B6D8F1CC3.jpeg 35F82710-7B58-44CE-8351-2672F2D92BAE.jpeg 74ED3B25-5F26-4FC8-A530-E6A9A5C7BF6E.jpeg

·
FREEBIRD
7,722 Posts
Those washers add a nice little detail. Love it. 👍

·
Registered
'06 VTX 1300 C and R
6,657 Posts
I'll add my IMPRESSIVE to what the others have said. Considering your surgeries, you've got a lot done and ol' Frank is looking very good -- just about ready to rumble :cool:
No question at all that you're paying close attention to the details
(y)(y)(y)
All the black you've added with Franks green and black paint job --- it just fits. I can imagine Frank grinning from grip to grip 😁
Thanks for all the pics. WIGIT is correct (I think) that this is #3 build for Frank, 3 or 4 ???? Frank won Bike of the Month twice. We no longer have the BOM program (part of the Cafe downgrade) but that's ok.
Don't stress out to much till you get healed up.
tom

281 - 300 of 327 Posts