Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

301 - 320 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'll add my IMPRESSIVE to what the others have said. Considering your surgeries, you've got a lot done and ol' Frank is looking very good -- just about ready to rumble :cool:
No question at all that you're paying close attention to the details
(y)(y)(y)
All the black you've added with Franks green and black paint job --- it just fits. I can imagine Frank grinning from grip to grip 😁
Thanks for all the pics. WIGIT is correct (I think) that this is #3 build for Frank, 3 or 4 ???? Frank won Bike of the Month twice. We no longer have the BOM program (part of the Cafe downgrade) but that's ok.
Don't stress out to much till you get healed up.
tom
Will do. Thanks, Tom.

·
Registered
'06 VTX 1300 C and R
6,657 Posts
More done than left to be done ? Your attention to the details is real skill on display :cool:

·
Registered
65 Posts
More done than left to be done ? Your attention to the details is real skill on display :cool:
Thanks, Tom. We are getting closer.

Things still to be done:
Waiting on parts being painted: Headlight bucket, tank console, windscreen and ignition switch cover
Waiting on parts being powder coated: exhaust, OEM spark plug cover and brake/clutch reservoir covers
Finish cleaning the frame as much as possible
Since I am putting stock switches back on Ole Frank, I have to repair the wiring and fit with plug and socket connectors
Install the handlebar switches, reservoirs and grips (once this is done I will be able to measure for new Spiegler brake lines. Going with black lines with chrome ends)
Install new push/pull throttle cables
Install new brake and clutch lines
New fluids and bleed
Oil change
Install new Daymaker headlight
Re-install the headlight cowl
Have the seat re-upholstered
Re-install the exhaust
Re-install the tank and side covers

Things should really go fast once stuff comes back from paint and powder coat.

·
Registered
'06 VTX 1300 C and R
6,657 Posts
o_O You think your wife has any influence with your painter or powder man ??? Like "... take an extra 2 weeks or so ...." :cautious:
A lot left to do for sure. Be safe (y)

Reactions: SouthWestSon

·
Registered
65 Posts
o_O You think your wife has any influence with your painter or powder man ??? Like "... take an extra 2 weeks or so ...." :cautious:
A lot left to do for sure. Be safe (y)
No. She is actually supportive of the build. Both guys are busy and took these parts in just a few weeks ago. Besides, I will need this time to recover enough to be able to stand on both feet.

Yes, still a way to go. After that...just ride😎

Stay safe and healthy

·
Registered
'06 VTX 1300 C and R
6,657 Posts
I love a good peep show :love: Hang in there.
Now you got me looking for stuff to polish. Never polished an axle before, did put grease on it though. That did look good though !!!! ;)

Reactions: SouthWestSon

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes, on the grease. Every time I turn around now I spot something else I need to polish. I was just setting the switches on the handlebars and noticed the screw heads were oxidized...looked bad against the new black powder coat...so guess what I did...

CC6E5461-6BF9-4E89-8831-30583C9A1CF3.jpeg A96C4A34-5555-42EC-9178-55D28A1D2AC5.jpeg 30770E55-6E20-43E6-9FC3-E0C35C613D70.jpeg ADF58048-A74F-4E6D-AC33-67193AEA17B3.jpeg

·
Registered
'06 VTX 1300 C and R
6,657 Posts
Those switch boxes look perfect dressed in black powder (y) Gives me another idea :eek: Saw an interesting way to spray paint a part to make it look like powder coating: take a propane torch (think plumbing torch), heat the part to be painted just a little and then lightly spray a couple coats. The heat makes it dry fast and gives now time for bubbles or runs to form. Seems logical to me and something I might try.

·
Registered
'06 VTX 1300 C and R
6,657 Posts
AND RIGHTFULLY SO ...... :love:

·
Registered
'06 VTX 1300 C and R
6,657 Posts
BUMP o_O BUMP Hope you're starting to heal up some (y)

301 - 320 of 327 Posts