Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Fridays Mods

912 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  jimbo2 
#1 ·
After waiting 2 weeks to get a replacement for the bad Run, turn, brake controller I finally got the call yesterday that the replacement was in. Install was quick and easy, the whole thing took about 20 minutes and works perfect. The license plate bracket has always kinda bugged me and have been wanting to clean it up. I grabbed some 1/4" lexan and cut it out to the shape of the plate. Next I drilled the 4 plate mounting holes and the 3 that mount to the bike and counter sunk them. Ran to Ace and got some 1/4" bolts, acorn nuts and 6m recess screw and wala, lay down license plate. While I was at it I also made a new filler plate for the sissy bar being I have a HD pad. For that I also used Laxan, cut to shape, drilled holes and painted the seat side black. The nice thing about painting plastic is if you paint the back no matter how bad your paint is the finish looks like a deep high gloss. Now I have to ask, does my butt look good? :D

See less See more
#5 ·
what was wrong with it??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.