Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me for my ignorance, but how do I post new threads (ask questions) without it being here (introducing myself) in this part of the forum, since I have already done that.

My second question is: How can I turn my front amber running lights to JUST turn signals Alone? I read in another thread that there is a plug in the headlight bucket that I can just unplug to cancel the running lights, but leave them as turn signals only. Few responses... wasn't verified. Is this true?

Thanks!

P.S. As soon as I'm allowed I will post pictures of my bike.

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
To start a new thread click on forums at the top of the page. When that window opens pick the forum that best suits your needs and click on that. Again when the window opes you'll see a box theat is for new threads in the upper left side, click on that and do what you need to do. Hit preview or submit depending on if you want to review it and you are good to go.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Don't know why you want to run less lights off your bike. When cagers run over motorcycles from the front because they cannot see us in traffic.

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
Might want to check with the local laws there also...No sense in inviting a roadside visit from the Chicago PD...:icon_eek:

I also agree with the questioning of reducing others being able to see you from the front...Done alot of driving in Chicago in a semi and know darned well how crazy (stupid) 90% of the drivers there are...:hmm2:

·
Currently in Chrome Rehab
3,526 Posts
I have a suggestion that I did....
Take the front lights and put them on the rear...rear up front.
I have no idea why Honda did not give us running/turn on the rear anyway,,,
I installed the Kury light bar with LED turn on the front.
Took the stock turns, gutted them and put the twin filament guts in the rear light housings.
Use the stock turn wire and ground and run a new RUN wire from the rear turns the the head light bucket.

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
I have a suggestion that I did....
Take the front lights and put them on the rear...rear up front.
I have no idea why Honda did not give us running/turn on the rear anyway,,,
I installed the Kury light bar with LED turn on the front.
Took the stock turns, gutted them and put the twin filament guts in the rear light housings.
Use the stock turn wire and ground and run a new RUN wire from the rear turns the the head light bucket.
If you follow this advice, you will also need to change the lights from amber to red...Amber running lights to the rear are illegal...

·
Currently in Chrome Rehab
3,526 Posts
True fishman...missed telling about that...
I added red LED bulbs that I got at the local truck stop. Damn Bright!

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,234 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from North Idaho. More visibility is more better

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The front amber lights are so dim they can hardly be seen anyways, but thanks for the advice guys.

P.S. completely correct about Chicago drivers... crazy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts