Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 1300S they have always worked and today I noticed my left rear turn signal was flashing rapidly and the left front one works with the driving light but not the turn signal. The right side works as it's supposed to work. I have replaced all the bulbs with direct replacement ones and I still have the same problem??

·
Super Moderator
12,011 Posts
It sounds to me like one of three problems. 1) You did NOT replace the front bulb with the correct twin filament bulb. Rather, you replaced it with a single filament bulb. 2) You used the correct bulb but inserted it incorrectly (180° of rotation out of proper alignment). It should not be possible to insert the bulb in this incorrect manner but you would not be the first person to have achieved this "impossible" feat :) 3) Unlikely but possible that there is a wiring or blinker unit failure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds to me like one of three problems. 1) You did NOT replace the front bulb with the correct twin filament bulb. Rather, you replaced it with a single filament bulb. 2) You used the correct bulb but inserted it incorrectly (180° of rotation out of proper alignment). It should not be possible to insert the bulb in this incorrect manner but you would not be the first person to have achieved this "impossible" feat :) 3) Unlikely but possible that there is a wiring or blinker unit failure.
Thank you for the heads up on the positioning of inserting the bulbs. It did work(y)

·
Super Moderator
12,011 Posts
Great. Glad its was something simple. Be very careful when removing and reinserting the lens cover to the turn signals. It has a tiny plastic tab that can be broken off. Or maybe it is a tab in the housing that is easy to break off. In any case, there is a tab that is easy to break off :) To avoid this, give the housing a slight squeeze at the two points 90° from the tab location. this will spread the housing slightly and allow you to insert the lens cap without breaking the tab.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts