Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Whaaaat ?

i see alot of you guys saying you are getting around 150 miles +/- 5 miles out of your tank...any suggestions on why mine isn't getting near that much milage? im averaging around 119 then have to switch to reserve...
If you are only getting that ow of mileage there is something wrong. Carb, Fuel Lines, ETC. I even have some killer aftermarket pipes on mine and get around 145 MPG. Correct above that the fuel gauge missing sucks but thats why there are 2 (TWO) Trip Odometers on there.
Paint Side Up...
Rubber Side Down

Scott "Doc"
STMC TN Road Captain

·
Super Moderator
5,408 Posts
If you are only getting that ow of mileage there is something wrong. Carb, Fuel Lines, ETC. I even have some killer aftermarket pipes on mine and get around 145 MPG. Correct above that the fuel gauge missing sucks but thats why there are 2 (TWO) Trip Odometers on there.
Paint Side Up...
Rubber Side Down

Scott "Doc"
STMC TN Road Captain
Uh, ..............this post was started in 2009 and pretty sure the OP hasn't posted anything on here since the first couple of days after that first post!!!!!!:tapfoot:

·
Registered
15,868 Posts
Uh, ..............this post was started in 2009 and pretty sure the OP hasn't posted anything on here since the first couple of days after that first post!!!!!!:tapfoot:
Yeah, not only that but if he thinks he gets 145 MPG, I want some of what he's smoking. MPT (tank) yes, MPG ehhhhh, NO.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Had a good laugh

I was getting 180 before I did my bike over. Now I get 150. She doesn't like cold air though even if she is good and hot. If I wasn't so lazy I would look this up on here. Actually, will do something about it this winter.

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
I see most reply are VTX1300s. My 1300 "C" tuned up, tire press 38-40 PSIG running 65-70 MPH with me 296 pounds getting 40-41 MPG. Check your speedometer for accuracy, 119 prior switch teserve, but yours is 1800 so maybe the 1800 folks will advise you.
:patriot:

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,070 Posts
You can get a floatless fuel guage called fuelguagepro1. Easy install an works fairly well. Fairly Accurate. They can be bought cheaper than one pictured. I found mine for 70$ from france lol
That's actually not a terrible idea. I think most of us consider internal tank measurements not hydrostatic pressure of the fuel hose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone found a good aftermarket fuel gauge for a vtx1300. I use the odometer to measure distance and around 150 mils. start looking for a gas station but would feel a lot more comfortable with a real gauge. Planning along road trip this summer and don't want to get stuck. Any help appreciated! Thanks, ncvtx1300
I found lsk motorcycle electronics has gauges. No tank modification. Looks promising

·
Super Moderator
9,612 Posts
The gauge is the easy part. It is the sensor that feeds the necessary information to the gauge that is the problem. How will any aftermarket device sense the fuel level in the tank?

·
Registered
2 Posts
It says it's uses a static charge somehow. It hooks in the fuel line between the tank and carb. Price is about 140-160

21 - 33 of 33 Posts