Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning a stage 1 upgrade this spring. I'm looking at getting a set of V&H Bigshots and a K&N intake. I'm wondering if there is a preprogrammed fuel management plug in, or do I have to buy the Power Programmer and do the downloads. My brother is a HD mechanic and he says for Harleys you can get a "Fuel Pack" from V&H preprogrammed for their pipes and an intake of your choice.

2003 VTX 1800C

·
Certified Biotch!
7,165 Posts
I dunno bout pre-programmed but I do know you can contact them for a map....as long as you are going to use their pipes and their fuel pack they will have one avail..I have one on my bike, However I don't have V&H pipes on my bike....the dealer installed it so I really have no clue how it's set up on mine....I contacted V&H and they don't wanna even talk to you about them unless you are running it with their pipes.....Good Luck :cheers:

·
Deactivated Account
218 Posts
There are alternatives to the programmable fuel mod systems. I have a Dobeck Performance TFI Fuel Management System and have been very happy with it. It is more like adjust a carb and doesn't need any downloads. Just a few rides and tweak it in between.

I thought I saw something here that a Cafe member sells that automatically monitors everything pertaining to fuel/air mixture and adjust things automatically.

Maybe someone will know what I'm referring to and know who sells it. I have to add that sometimes I have vivid dreams and confuse those with reality, so if nobody knows what the heck I'm talking about maybe that was the case. I'm sure the late sixties and early seventies have something to do with it.:mosh:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm running the Fuel Pak and Big shots on my 1800 and haven't had any problems. Just follow the map that is sent with the unit. There is one adjustment I made which is on their web site about the fuel beiing shut of an decel which makes it feel like the bike is choking down, this is fixed by going to the question section and following what it says.

·
Registered
748 Posts
My bike came with staggered big shots on it, is there any way that i can tell
if injection was reprogrammed? It pops alot on decel is this normal? Which i believe it
is. It runs good and has way more power than i have insanity.
My milage is between 38-42 double riding. I know if i was worried about milage i should ride my shadow instead!

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
My bike came with staggered big shots on it, is there any way that i can tell
if injection was reprogrammed? It pops alot on decel is this normal? Which i believe it
is. It runs good and has way more power than i have insanity.
My milage is between 38-42 double riding. I know if i was worried about milage i should ride my shadow instead!
There's an emissions system on the VTX's called a PAIR valve system that will pop, gurgle and make all kinds of funky noises on decel if it's still intact..Can't hear it with stock pipes, but with drilled stockers or aftermarket ones, you can hear it working..What it does is draw in fresh air through reed valves located in the heads to clean up the emissions...Most folks remove that junk and chuck it into the nearest trash can, and install block-off plates on the heads...Makes it easier come valve adjustment time also...

·
Registered
748 Posts
Thanks for the info i didn't think i was hurting it any.
At first i didn't like all the loud noise but i have
learned to love it, though some times my wife wears
one ear plug in her right ear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts