Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the wife and I will be coming up to Senoia sometime in April. We are going to be doing a lot of the Walking dead stuff so trying to stay out of Atlanta and be closer to Senoia. We are going to be riding up from Florida. I am curious if anyone anyone knows a good safe hotel that may have garage parking in that area?

·
Deplorable member
7,409 Posts
Senoia is a fairly safe area. You are far enough away from Atlanta that most places should be okay but I can't recommend one over the other. Will you be on the bike or are you driving up?

·
Deplorable member
7,409 Posts
We'll see if we can't schedule up a M&G in the area while you're here. I'm about 30 min. give or take from there. I have a friend that lives near there so I'll ask him about the accommodations in the area but it will have to wait 'til next week.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We'll see if we can't schedule up a M&G in the area while you're here. I'm about 30 min. give or take from there. I have a friend that lives near there so I'll ask him about the accommodations in the area but it will have to wait 'til next week.
You ever able to get any information on this! We set our dates we will be there... Apr 20-23.

·
Deplorable member
7,409 Posts
Turns out our painter moved from there and is closer to Atlanta now. According to him, it's a pretty safe area, as safe as can be these days, but you should be fine there. Again, far away enough from Atlanta that the thuggery should be at a minimum. I'd suggest checking on line for a hotel in the area. If you find one that looks good, let me know and the Sgt.Maj. and I can take a cruise and give it a look over for you. Here's a link to get you started if you haven't already

http://senoia.com/

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turns out our painter moved from there and is closer to Atlanta now. According to him, it's a pretty safe area, as safe as can be these days, but you should be fine there. Again, far away enough from Atlanta that the thuggery should be at a minimum. I'd suggest checking on line for a hotel in the area. If you find one that looks good, let me know and the Sgt.Maj. and I can take a cruise and give it a look over for you. Here's a link to get you started if you haven't already

http://senoia.com/
So I booked a room at the days inn
976 Crosstown Drive, Peachtree City, GA 30269

·
Deplorable member
7,409 Posts
I'll be out riding Sat -hopefully- so I'll ride down that way and give it a look see for ya. Like I said, it's about 30 min from me and I think it's an okay area too but I'll PM you after the weekend with some info.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, New Atlanta member here and having a issue.. Can anyone help?

I have a 2004 VTX 1300C only 13k miles on it and it seems like after riding itfor let's say a minimum of a hour and then letting it sit overnight or for 8 hours or more when I try to start it up it will sound weak and within a min just cut off and notstart up. After a hour or so I can go back and it will start right up.

It'sfrustrating because I'm ready to go out and it won't start and I have to wait ahour or so before it will start again.. I have taken it to a shop who found nothing wrong, they said they rode it and then let it sit but it always started right up but it is a common problem I have been having for the last 3-4 months.

Anyone had this issue or one similar or know a fix or what it is that's obviouslywrong with it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello, New Atlanta member here and having a issue.. Can anyone help?

I have a 2004 VTX 1300C only 13k miles on it and it seems like after riding itfor let's say a minimum of a hour and then letting it sit overnight or for 8 hours or more when I try to start it up it will sound weak and within a min just cut off and notstart up. After a hour or so I can go back and it will start right up.

It'sfrustrating because I'm ready to go out and it won't start and I have to wait ahour or so before it will start again.. I have taken it to a shop who found nothing wrong, they said they rode it and then let it sit but it always started right up but it is a common problem I have been having for the last 3-4 months.

Anyone had this issue or one similar or know a fix or what it is that's obviouslywrong with it.
Could be the floats. And ty for hijacking my thread..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We are going to be up April 20-23. We will be going on a guided tour at one point but have to wait until the available times and dates are posted. But once I know we can plan either a lunch meet up or just a late night ride and end it at some place that we can get some grub.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Deplorable member
7,409 Posts
Dang it Dead Eye, my brother and I are going to Ohio that week to visit the R&R Hall of Fame and Football hall of Fame. Oh well, I'm sure we'll have another M&G plus the annual tech session at Hawk's

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dang it Dead Eye, my brother and I are going to Ohio that week to visit the R&R Hall of Fame and Football hall of Fame. Oh well, I'm sure we'll have another M&G plus the annual tech session at Hawk's
It's all good. We have plans for that Saturday up there but maybe if anyone wants to go for a ride later that day or Sunday before we leave. Nothing long as we have a long ride home on Sunday.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So one month and 18 days.! Anything I should be concerned about up there? We are going to be doing a lot of walking dead stuff up there and don't want any surprises.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok 2 weeks. I am getting excited for this ride.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well we made it back. Sorry but someone should have warned me on Atlanta. What a turd town. I have had less bumps off road in my Jeep. And for God's sake it had to have been the largest ghetto I have ever had the displeasure of seeing.
As for the rest of the trip other parts of Georgia are awesome! People were great and nice scenery. Senoia was everything we imagined.
Here's a few pics the wife took while we took some scenic route home.

·
Deplorable member
7,409 Posts
Hey, you never said a thing about actually going into Atlanta. Glad you're still alive though.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
What all did you do for the Walking Dead? It's really not far of a ride for me. I'm curious if it's worth the drive.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts