Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i know it's been asked before but alot of the threads are so old they don't even make those tire anymore. so looking for a good looking 205/70/15 and that will corner good. any pics of tires on bike would help me alot. going on vtx1300c

·
Registered
280 Posts
The dark side forum will be a great source of information. I ran a Michelin Defender tire on my 1300C for about 20K miles. I changed it back to a MC tire when I was on a trip and had a valve stem break. I had the hardest time getting anyone to even touch it. If I were going to put another one on my bike, one of the 2 below would be options.

Good luck. People will give you all kind of crap about using a car tire. The ride is different and you will probably need to play around to get the best air pressure for you. If there is anything else needing maintenance like shock bushings or neck bearings, the CT will typically amplify those.

Don’t forget to apply more moly paste and set a reminder as the CT will last way longer than a MT. You might want to put on metal valve stems or at least new stems.

·
Registered
16,603 Posts
Just to add, I have the General Altimax RT43 205-65-16, and I like it, although some have claimed weaker sidewall construction than some. I've not had any issues with it, and in fact after picking up a flooring nail, I replaced the tire with the exact same. I paid $135 mounted. I run Ride-On internal sealer/ balancer and have 90* steel stems. The tread pattern is slightly assymetrical, like the Pirelli in the first pic above.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts