Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Equito Passim
9,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was a good day! I caught an extra day off, so I got some of the things Ive been putting off done on the bike..

Motion Pro Steel Braded Cables (Clutch and Throttle)

A bit smoother, less play.. Worth the $60-$70 bucks? Ehh... not just for functionality, but add the looks in and I'd say if ya dig the look, its worth it.

Harley Horn and Kury Engine Case Covers.

Pretty easy stuff overall. I do like the horn. It looks good and is Much louder than the Road Runner horn thats stock. I do need to get a chrome acorn nut and bolt for the top hole, tho.. but it does add to the look of the left side of the bike, which stock, is a little lacking IMHO.

-Gonz

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,394 Posts
Glad you got some stuff cleared up... eventually you should be able to get to Shelby to help me out some... I keep hoping anyhow...

Spoiler

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Nice work Gonz! And to think you did all the electrical work without my help :bleh::nope::D

·
Equito Passim
9,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gonzo, did you get the horn kit off Ebay? I lost the bid on the one I found. I haven't had any luck finding another kit yet.
I got mine from ebay for a "make an offer price" of $35 shipped. It was a new auction with no bids on it.

-Gonz

Looks great, those engine covers make a world of difference.
I couldn't agree more.. The engine case covers makes it pop nicely!

-Gonz

·
Equito Passim
9,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad you got some stuff cleared up... eventually you should be able to get to Shelby to help me out some... I keep hoping anyhow...

Spoiler
Isn't Shelby a Mustang? Aint no Ford Guy... :bleh:

Ill get out there, my friend... we got some Livermush and Goetta issues to get squared away... :)

-Gonz

·
High-Tech *******
1,039 Posts
Looks good man. Gotta love the kury cover, it was one of the first things I put on. Were the cables hard to change?

·
nivensid
231 Posts
Mods

Way to go Gonz, Everyone should have this horn, like the cables also.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Looking good. I've got a set of those covers waiting in the wings for me to put on after I paint the engine black.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Just when I think my bike is finished being modified, you have to post pics of your new horn. I've been thinking about a new horn since putting the Corbin radiator cowl on. Now I know what I'm going to do/get. It's only a matter of time now. My wallet says thanks! By the way, the bike looks great.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Looks great Gonz!!! When you heading over this way again? Still want to install the Jet kit but don't feel comfortable doing it myself!

·
Premium Member
3,915 Posts
Can't.....keep.....up.....:banghead:

Looking good, brother. Just put the multiple switch setup on my brake reservoir last weekend. Damn, man... you're costing me a ton of dough! Love the cables. Are they tough to install?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts