Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so looks like im gonna be out of commision for a week or two on the bike. Im going with a new custom paint job and hoping it turns out well. Any ways i was thinking this would be a good time change the front fork seals. I have read the write up on it but does anyone have any first hand experience with it?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me and a guy I work with are actually doing it. I'm doing body work and priming now he is gonna do the actual art work fir me

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's coming alot faster than I woukd have thought. I got it tore down last night within 2hours sanded this morning primed and sanded again no just have to make the tripto drop it off for the paint. So far iI woukd say I have 6hours in it and I can't wait! I'm also thinking of painting the motor while it's torn down

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm still looking for a fairing but I'm not looking to break the bank... Any good suggestions

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Paint work is almost done... Have to fix a dent in the tank and clear it....

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank you. Actually my buddy backed out on me. So my wife jumped in to save the day lol. I dropped a Alan pack on it last summer... So I'm redoing the tank between shifts... I just sanded it down to the metal gonna bondo tomorrow repaint Monday

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm still looking for a fairing but I'm not looking to break the bank... Any good suggestions
I have a small list over here that we have been discussing. Long story short, you are going to pay about the same for all the fairings by the time you get finished. Woody's has been the one to get most of the compliments around here. The MS fairing is the cheapest but I didn't see it have an inner shell where you could mount an audio system. Comments have been that if you are planning on keeping the fairing on, get a Woody's. If you want to take the fairing on and off quickly, go with the WOC.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I actually went with the Memphis shades, I figure I would just get another handlebar mounted radio soon.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

It's been done about a month and a half now but I haven't had time to post pics

·
Pursuing Perfection
5,859 Posts
Well, that's a quick switch in color - I was liking the orange/grey two tone - faked me out.

Must have been the New Helper, Input - Still looks good.

I was hoping to see how the dents came out - the tank looked tweaked down where the seat meets - or was optical conclusion.

The fender brace - were those holes made in them? Between the bolts.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is a close up of the pinstriping and color scheme.

Which bolts are those

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think I turned out pretty well still not show quality tho lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts