1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
16,353 Posts
That points out a couple flaws in the 'one size check fits all' stimulus. If you are working and collecting full pays, and are not laid off, maybe they should not be getting the free money. At the same time, it is Communistic for an employer to garnish the employees pay for no other reason than the company 'is hurting in its payroll'. In my situation, speaking for ourselves, Linda and I would have been just fine without that windfall. But the intent is to get the economy rolling again as easy as possible for everyone as a whole. So we will take it when we get it, and use it as WE see fit, whether it's to invest, give to charity, or buy something. FREEDOM. Gotta love it!

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan to save 60 percent..
and purchase a windshield for my motorcycle.

Wilda's flip phone and my smart phone ( both the cheapest made by Sumsung ).
are 4 years old ( hard to believe spring 2016 ) ... so both may be replaced this summer.

·
Registered
16,353 Posts
Yeah, the phones are obsolete as soon as you buy them. I think I'm going to order a VTX Daymaker & kit w/ halo fog light. 10% or so to the church for income they've lost for several Sundays, and likely indefinitely.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,402 Posts
Spending it is what government wants. Puts money into economy. I'll spend it but not right away. Into savings first. Got to ride out this viral wave before I let that money go.

·
Super Moderator
9,928 Posts
We will not be getting any of the Corona virus stimulus money :(

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
I had to rush filing my 2019 taxes, otherwise they would have used my 2018 income, the year I retired.
Since then I am officially a 'poor bastard' and will get my check.
However, my check will go to a charity instead, where I not only donate my 'loot', but also my tax deduction, meaning they'll get $1600 and I then get about $400 back from federal and state taxes. This is how I usually deal with deductible donations.
I would have felt guilty keeping a penny of this; there are too many people suffering out there.

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
(2) 401k
banks
home
FHA inspectors..
= Major Loss...

I live in a 12x35 cardboard box.
cardboard box does not have insurance.
lost both Life Insurance policies .
50 years of working.. for what!!

Watch your backs.. LEARN banking an Finance .
so at lease you can see what they are taking.
I only know engines.. so NO retirement programs.

not asking for anything.. just offering some advice ..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts