Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my name is Josh and I'm a speed addict. Which is why I just bought a 2003 VTX1800S with 6900 miles on it for my first motorcycle.

It's definitely intimidating, my riding experience is pretty limited but I am a pretty big dude so the couple of times it started to tip on me I have been able to catch it and keep the shiny side up. She's a heavy girl for sure but not too much for me in that respect and I'm looking forward to when I'm skilled enough to really open her up. I don't have my permit yet, stupid Covid closed the license testing place in my town so I have to drive 90 miles away to take it, but I have been puttering around my neighborhood to get a feel for the clutch, shifter, and brakes and I am really starting to get the hang of it.

I'm gonna be 38 in a couple of weeks, so my hooligan tendencies are confined to safer more controlled environments these days. I sold auto parts for 10 years but now work for an electronics distributor, and I've been working on my own junk since I started driving. I love fox body Mustangs and have a ton of Mustang knowledge in general, I was actually looking for a Mustang when I found my VTX so I decided to try something different. My younger brother who lives with me also just bought a motorcycle, so we're looking forward to putting a lot of miles down together.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 1300C
622 Posts
Welcome!!

·
Super Moderator
10,817 Posts
Welcome. Where are you located geographically?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome! I was in your shoes and was intimidated by my 1300! Sure glad I didn't start with and 1800. Things happen fast on a bike and a fast bike only compounds the issues. Good luck and ride safely!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, my name is Josh and I'm a speed addict. Which is why I just bought a 2003 VTX1800S with 6900 miles on it for my first motorcycle.

It's definitely intimidating, my riding experience is pretty limited but I am a pretty big dude so the couple of times it started to tip on me I have been able to catch it and keep the shiny side up. She's a heavy girl for sure but not too much for me in that respect and I'm looking forward to when I'm skilled enough to really open her up. I don't have my permit yet, stupid Covid closed the license testing place in my town so I have to drive 90 miles away to take it, but I have been puttering around my neighborhood to get a feel for the clutch, shifter, and brakes and I am really starting to get the hang of it.

I'm gonna be 38 in a couple of weeks, so my hooligan tendencies are confined to safer more controlled environments these days. I sold auto parts for 10 years but now work for an electronics distributor, and I've been working on my own junk since I started driving. I love fox body Mustangs and have a ton of Mustang knowledge in general, I was actually looking for a Mustang when I found my VTX so I decided to try something different. My younger brother who lives with me also just bought a motorcycle, so we're looking forward to putting a lot of miles down together.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Welcome aboard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts