Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello cafe,
I was wondering who has some advice on intercom systems. We have a small group ride coming up in a few months and we're looking at the cardo packtalk system. We like the "self healing" network of the mesh system and also the interconnectivity with other brands so my wife and I can get our kids cheaper sets so we can still talk with them at a drastic discount. Has anyone on here used them? Are they worth the price?
Thanks in advance, Levi.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just ordered the BTS2 on eBay for $20 to see if I like an intercom system before spending a ton of $$$.... It can only communicate with up to three but only one other at a time.... I can Bluetooth music from my phone, answer calls, and, it has a radio....

It doesn't have the mesh system but I'm usually riding alone or with one other....

I have heard that the Pactalk is a pretty cool system though....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mineral rights aren't just mineral rights. Usually, oil and gas rights are also included. If you live in an area with significant natural gas or oil reserves and the lot is a considerable size (and rural) there is a chance that someone might want to drill for oil or gas on your land and would owe you a royalty. These royalty payments can be hundreds of dollars per month. I'd really think twice before agreeing to let someone else keep those rights!

Unless something was active on the property or even pending to be active, I can't imagine the seller wanting to keep those rights. I'd want the rights for myself if it was my land. Then you at least get some input on what happens on your land. Get more information.

·
Registered
16,057 Posts
^^^WTF does this last post have to do with intercoms?

·
Super Moderator
9,686 Posts
It has nothing to do with intercoms. I have begun a dialogue with the poster to determine a course of action.

·
Mean ol' Mo' Fo'
326 Posts
My advice is ditch the whole idea of distracting yourselves with chit chat during a time you should be paying 100% attention to WTF you're doing at the moment.

·
Super Moderator
5,437 Posts
My advice is ditch the whole idea of distracting yourselves with chit chat during a time you should be paying 100% attention to WTF you're doing at the moment.
Personally I have owned the Scala G9 Powerset for over 5 years. I like the idea of being able to communicate with my navigator and have actually had her bring my attention to several issues while riding. Now I'm not saying that I had not noticed the problems, but it is always nice to know that she's got my back while we're riding. I mean nobody is perfect all of the time so I encourage her to keep me informed!!!!! BTW, my Scala set is showing its age ( probably has something to do with 12 hours in the rain in West by God Virginia a couple of years ago, it really hasn't been the same since then) and I am planning to replace it with the Sena 30K dual pack.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have really enjoyed the n-com system I have. My wife really likes to talk while we ride. The range has been over a mile when in line of site. I do like the blue tooth for music and phone. It's easy to turn off when I don't want to be bothered. The communication is crystal clear. You do have to have a compatable Nolan helmet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts