Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I have a question that I'm not sure what is going on maybe someone could help me, when i take my bike out for a good ride at least to get hot after i park and shut it off i hear gurgling noises from front side of bike, has anyone heard this before, also when i lean on kickstand i also hear it, and i recently did the pair valve delete and removed all components and plugged airbox and installed blocking plates over pair valves. Its a 04 honda VTX1300C

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,186 Posts
No idea. Maybe check your coolant reservoir fill level. Coolant only thing I can think of that might gurgle.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was it the coolant? Mine makes that same noise sometimes.
No it wasnt and i still dont know what it is, lol my coolant was still full and the reserve jug underneath was good so idk just hope its not something bad to cause a problem

·
From ID, GO VANDALS!
300 Posts
There are a numerous threads about this on here. It looks like the consensus is that it is the coolant bubbling in the cooling system.

Hope that helps.
Jeremy

·
Super Moderator
9,673 Posts
Maybe it was your stomach :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey all I have a question that I'm not sure what is going on maybe someone could help me, when i take my bike out for a good ride at least to get hot after i park and shut it off i hear gurgling noises from front side of bike, has anyone heard this before, also when i lean on kickstand i also hear it, and i recently did the pair valve delete and removed all components and plugged airbox and installed blocking plates over pair valves. Its a 04 honda VTX1300C
Sounds like there's air in the liquid cooling system.
When was the last change of coolant?
Did you / they "burp" the coolant system?

You can "burp" your bike. Make sure there's gas in your carburetor. Remove the tank. Remove that coolant lid. Start the bike and rev it up. Bubbles will come up the coolant system. Refill with coolant. Repeat procedure until there are no more bubbles. Check coolant level in reservoir under engine.

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
9,673 Posts
Great tip. Most folks think you cannot run a VTX1300 without the fuel tank in place but there is plenty of fuel in the carb float bowl to run the bike for about 1 to 1.5 miles or around 2-4 minutes - plenty of time to burp the coolant system.

·
Premium Member
10,097 Posts
To burp coolant system, I remove radiator cap then squeeze hose from the radiator to water pump numerous times until coolant is absent of air. Then top off with appropriate mixture, replace cap then test ride and watch temp and coolant reservoir. Wishing you well!🇺🇸🇺🇸

1 - 11 of 11 Posts