Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 VTX 1800F
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Have lurked here for a while. Didn't feel right joining as a Kawa Vulcan 1500 owner. Have since sold that, and this weekend I bought my first VTX (2008 VTX 1800F). Had a 96 Shadow 600 as my first cruiser, and loved every minute of it. Started eyeing the VTXs after a while, and now here I am.

I ride a lot, and am always down to meet new folks and link up for rides. I live in Maryland but ride tri state area on a weekly basis.

Nice to meet ya!
Brian

·
Registered
17,021 Posts
Welcome, Brian, to the addiction, from xentral Pa. high atop the Alleghenies. You are the newest recruit of F Troop, led by our C.I.C. General 'Chuck' (Silver F). There are a few of us from around your way, Norm 'Beastie Boy' is the first that comes to mind. He might read here sometimes, but doesn't post much. A couple others from W. Md. and out on the peninsula.

Reactions: Hypnotizzle

·
Registered
2008 VTX 1800F
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Looking forward to the future. Have yet to ride out your way but it's on the list for the fall. I hear it's beautiful.

·
From ID, GO VANDALS!
2005 VTX 1800N Spec 1
365 Posts
Welcome from Idaho! The VTX1800 is definitely an addiction.

I just read your other post about the cutting out. I am amazed that your bike only has 67 miles!!! WOW! I know that those who are more qualified than I will chime in on that post as to what to look for as the culprit of your cutting out. Silver F (Chuck) is the foremost authority on all things 1800, as he was a Honda Tech for many years. He should have a lot of good insight to your issue.

·
Registered
2008 VTX 1800F
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, thank you. Me too, was something I didn't expect to happen this soon, but it did and I'm excited. Can't wait to get the miles up!

·
Registered
17,021 Posts
Thank you! Looking forward to the future. Have yet to ride out your way but it's on the list for the fall. I hear it's beautiful.
Let me know if you want to meet. I'm 1/2 hr. due north of the Flt. 93 Memorial, and 2 mi. from the 1889 Johnstown Flood dam that was breached, both very nice museum/ memorials. Lots of great roads & scenery.

·
Registered
2008 VTX 1800F
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me know if you want to meet. I'm 1/2 hr. due north of the Flt. 93 Memorial, and 2 mi. from the 1889 Johnstown Flood dam that was breached, both very nice museum/ memorials. Lots of great roads & scenery.
Awesome I will for sure do that. Sounds great.

·
Mosin Prime
2019 Indian Roadmaster P3 Tail Light w/Photon Blasters Alert Diode DynamicsLEDs Adaptive2 Headlight
815 Posts
Welcome from SE PA near Philly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts