Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New hand made sissy bar. I basically wanted something that looked cooler than the hondaline backrest for strapping a small bag to. :mosh:
Whaddaya think?

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Looks good, and the best part is no one else has one just like it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Whatever you do, Beez, DON'T try to impress the local chicks by hopping on your bike from the back :eek:

Looks good!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
looks pretty good....fab away my friend!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is unfinished. It will be painted black (along with the engine/wheels/apes) so it won't always look like bare steel. There are also some gussets coming where the base attatches to the tube.

Also already started thinking up another one. Next one is going to be taller and a little cleaner looking. Still spiked and looking like you could skewer your passenger with a twist of the throttle.

I always liked choppers with a cool looking sissy bar. I just don't like the padded backrest look when riding solo. (99% of the time for me.) But I still wanted something there to strap my bags to.

It's not for everyone, but it was a lot of fun welding up that stuff. And like jstar said, nobody else has one just like it, which I think is really cool.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I really like it! Thats really cool mod, dont listen to anyone else, bolt ons are for people without imagination lol. I saw that your putting on apes? lemme know if your gonna sell the drag bars on there now.

·
Registered
469 Posts
WOW! Nice work bro. Anyone can bolt on something someone else made, but the process of reprocessing raw material into YOUR vision...well that's just cool in my book. Nice job, can wait for any updates or lessons learned.

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the responses, I gotta weld some gussets at the bottom for strength/looks. Once I get it painted up I'll post another pic.
Justin, just buy a welder and start ruining scrap metal. That's what I did. I'm still in welding pre-school.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts