Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting my handlebars up and closer to me. Pull back risers alone or pullback risers with taller bars. And also how tall can I go with stock cables. 04 1800c. And recommendations on brand are appreciated. Not looking to spend a huge amount of cash. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
15,794 Posts
Looking at getting my handlebars up and closer to me. Pull back risers alone or pullback risers with taller bars. And also how tall can I go with stock cables. 04 1800c. And recommendations on brand are appreciated. Not looking to spend a huge amount of cash. Thanks in advance!
The C model can go 6" up & back w/o having to replace any cables or hoses. They might have to be re-routed, but not replaced. The first thing I did after buying my '03 C was replacing the risers with Rivco 6" risers. I didn't do it, as at that time I had little to no knowledge of my way around the 1800 C, so had the Powersports dealer near where I worked do it. It turned out fairly easy for them, and it made a YUUUUUUGE difference with hand, arm,shoulder, back comfort.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The C model can go 6" up & back w/o having to replace any cables or hoses. They might have to be re-routed, but not replaced. The first thing I did after buying my '03 C was replacing the risers with Rivco 6" risers. I didn't do it, as at that time I had little to no knowledge of my way around the 1800 C, so had the Powersports dealer near where I worked do it. It turned out fairly easy for them, and it made a YUUUUUUGE difference with hand, arm,shoulder, back comfort.
Question on this,I have an 03 1800C and it has 7” swept back risers on it and from what I can tell it’s stock, was wondering how much higher I could go without replacing cables, wanting to go with a shorter riser like maybe a 2” straight riser and go with some mini apes maybe 8-10”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts