Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
2,807 Posts
marty, did you pickup a pair for yourself? they look like quality and for only $189, they should be a good addition.

scooter

·
The Wanderer
6,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I ordered a set for my bike.
I ordered a set when he first opened awhile ago and they would not fit the Cobra Fatty's now he has different sizes to fit the VTX's and different size bars.

Do not hesitate to call John he is a great guy that will answer all your questions.

·
nivensid
231 Posts
I ordered some and they arrived Saturday. Have not put them on yet but the quality looks good out of the box. I have the Fattys bar also, hope they fit, ordered for 1 1/2"bars. Aftr I put them on, they will come back off and to the painter.

·
Premium Member
3,915 Posts
I ordered some and they arrived Saturday. Have not put them on yet but the quality looks good out of the box. I have the Fattys bar also, hope they fit, ordered for 1 1/2"bars. Aftr I put them on, they will come back off and to the painter.
P..I..C..T..U..R..E..S (please?)

·
Registered
348 Posts
been looking for something like this. post some pictures please. i like the fact that you can mount speakers to them...

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
Yes I ordered a set for my bike.
I ordered a set when he first opened awhile ago and they would not fit the Cobra Fatty's now he has different sizes to fit the VTX's and different size bars.

Do not hesitate to call John he is a great guy that will answer all your questions.

He answered two emails of mine during the weekend ....​

You can get more info from his sister site: http://jtdcycleparts.net/
Yes - I contacted John via his contact email on the .com site suggesting he post some pics of the lowers installed on some bikes. Right after I sent it I found the link to the .net site where he does have gallery of installed units. I emailed again and apologized for the suggestion. He was very nice in his response and explained why he has two sites.

Hoping he has a set that will fit the wife's 750 MC Enterprises Highway Bar in his inventory already. Sent him some measurements and awaiting his response.​

1st •> :choppersm2nd •> •> :choppersm3rd •> •> •>:choppersm4th •> •> •> •> :choppersm Gone •> •> •> •> •> _____ :choppersm​

1800 Mods / Accessories​
•• National Cycle Switchblade 2up Windshield, National Cycle Switchblade Chrome Lowers •• Clocks4bikes Clock-Thermometer •• Big Bike Parts/Chrome Rear Brake Reservoir Cover, Drive Shaft Bolt Trim •• BrakeAway Throttle Control •• Paladin Highway bar •• Cobra Luggage Rack, Sissy bar & Tribal Insert, Drive Shaft Cover •• Barrel Bag •• Saddlemen SaddleStow Sissy Bar Deluxe Bag •• Willie & Max Windshield bag •• VTXExhaust.com 12" Short •• VTX Master Cylinder covers •• WhyPush "X" Air Box, K&N Filter •• Cycle House side covers •• Biglry & Bones Fuel Management •• Coyote Gas Cap hinge •• Kuryakyn ISO Grips & Throttle Boss, SwingWing Foot Pegs, Dually offset pegs, License Plate Mount for VX 1800C, License Plate frame, Texas Inspection Sticker plate •• Hondaline Chrome Light Bar for 1800C •• HealTech Digital Gear Indicator/eCaddy Accessory Mount •• Cardo Intercom Scala Q2 & G4 •• iPod •• Avon Cobra 200 -130 tires & Dyna Beads •• Tsukayu Strong bags/EasyBrackets •• Ultimate Bigboy driver seat with backrest and passenger seat •• Rivco Tachometer for 1800 C, Rivco 6" risers, Rivco Passenger boards/forward adaptors •• Big Bike Parts Chrome Drive Shaft Bolt Trim •• Gremlin Bell •• Signal Minder ••* Xena XX14 Motorcycle Disc Lock Alarm -- next on list • Tweaked Scotrod Tool Bag mod, Rivco Custom LED Lighted Turn Signal Motorcycle Mirrors, Stebel Horn, Progressive shocks….

750 Mods / Accessories​
Memphis Shades Fats 21” Gradient Black Windshield • Memphis Shades Quick Release Mounting Kit • Memphis Shades Lowers-Black / Mounting Kit •• Cobra Light Bar • Freeway Bar • Sissy bar • Plain Insert • Luggage Rack • Honda OEM Driver Foot Pegs VTX 1800C3 model •• Lazy Rider Small Barrel Bag •• Saddlemen Cruiser Large Tool Bag • Shock Cutaway Saddlebags •• Vance and Hines Cruzer Dual Exhaust •• WhyPush “Tribal Flame” Air Box / K&N Filter •• Kuryakyn ISO Grips • Kuryakyn Throttle Boss •• BrakeAway Throttle Control •• Avon Venom 180 - 90/90 tires •• Robert Doerr Custom Seat Mod with graphic •• ButtyBuddy auxillary seat •• Clocks4bikes Clock • Clocks4bikes Thermometer •• HealTech Digital Gear Indicator •• Phat Riser III for 750 Spirit •• Big Bike Parts Drive Shaft Cover • Chrome Drive Shaft Bolt Trim • Kisan Signal Minder • Kuryakyn Carburetor Jet Kit •• Evoline Wayer Helmet •• Cardo Intercom Scala G4 Powerset-Q2 Multiset • Gremlin Bell • ToolKit • Xena XX-6 Disc Lock Alarm -- next on list • Rivco Custom LED Lighted Turn Signal Motorcycle Mirrors, Stebel Horn….

:patriot:..........• Blessed to have been born in Texas •..........:patriot:
• Blessed to have been raised in Texas •
• Blessed to Live in Texas •
• If things continue as they are going - Hopefully I will be Blessed to see Texas as a Sovereign Nation again before I pass •
• Blessed I will be buried in Texas •

·
Registered
170 Posts
When someone gets a set on, Id love to see pics of it.

-Gonz

Not mine.
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289872
I love the looks of these. And I agree with the comment about the customer service. I emailed the Guy who makes these and got an immediate response with answers to all my questions as well as his phone numbers to call and ask more. He also stated that if I wasn't 100% satisfied he would refund no questions asked. Nice to see that kinda service this day in age!
-sent from mobile device

·
WTF, Over!
8,338 Posts
If'n I had a fairing and hardbags, I would be sooooo all over those. They look sweet! I hope he stays in business a few years. I may be heading in that direction with the kinds of hardbags and fairings out there for the VTX...

·
Registered
1,624 Posts

Not mine.
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289872
I love the looks of these. And I agree with the comment about the customer service. I emailed the Guy who makes these and got an immediate response with answers to all my questions as well as his phone numbers to call and ask more. He also stated that if I wasn't 100% satisfied he would refund no questions asked. Nice to see that kinda service this day in age!
-sent from mobile device
Everyone's got different taste, but in my not always so humble opinion those lowers look drop dead gorgeous!!! They would be a big help for anyone who rides in cold weather, plus dress up their ride big time! and why not? Bry :choppersm

·
The Wanderer
6,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Everyone's got different taste, but in my not always so humble opinion those lowers look drop dead gorgeous!!! They would be a big help for anyone who rides in cold weather, plus dress up their ride big time! and why not? Bry :choppersm
I'm really looking forward to them keeping my left leg dry, the right leg gets a little wet but the left gets soaked.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey nivensid, just wondering if you took any pics of how they look when arrived. The different parts, etc. Also have you had a chance to check out the fit on the Fattys? Just curious cause I am thinking of going with Fattys and adding these hard lowers too. Thanks

-sent from mobile device

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
Are the lowers ready to install without paint if they are going on black ? Is that the standard color ?

Been emailing John back and forth but have never asked him that question...

Thanks

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
If anyone is interested in hard lowers for thier bike I have two free shipping code from John over at JTD Cycle Parts. This guy has some of the best cutomer service that I have ever dealt with.
http://jtdcycleparts.com/Hard-Lowers-for-Honda-Motorcycles_c8.htm

PM me if you want the free shipping code.
Thanks Marty W. I just pulled the trigger on a set of these for the wife's 750. I just spent $200.00+ on an item I didn't even know existed until your post. And just before Christmas no less when cash on hand is already low. And to make it worse I will be ordering set for the "X" also.

I will expect your apology for your post and my loss of funds.

On a lighter note - Working with John from JTD Cycles on this little project, a set of lowers for a bike not in his inventory has been more than great experience and with his help I believe I am going to get a great product to help solve a problem my wife has with riding, wind turbulence and her allergies.

Can't wait to get them in and on the bike .... As I told John, trying to turn the 750 into a Baby Touring Gold Wing for the wife.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts