Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Has anyone relocated the ignition switch?

4K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Donut 
#1 ·
I apologize if this topic has already been raised, but I couldn't find it if it has.

I was wondering if anyone has relocated the ignition switch to the handlebars? What was involved? How did you do it? Pics would be nice.

thanks

#7 ·
#8 ·
I thought that I had used a post on here when I did my switch, I did a "search" on here & couldn't find it. Your post popped right up when I searched the OA. Thanks for straightening that out!

#9 ·
I thought that I had used a post on here when I did my switch, I did a "search" on here & couldn't find it. Your post popped right up when I searched the OA. Thanks for straightening that out!
Just to clear things up a little further, I wasn't upset that you didn't quote my post, only the fact that the person on the OA posted it as their own. The post you refered to on the OA was NOT my post, hence the reason for my comment. I stated in my post that it wasn't my original idea anyway so as not to steal the spotlight from the original person. Seems that not everyone thinks this way.

#13 ·
I had followed a thread where some one had relocated their ignition switch but the parts they used were listed at almost $100 and I wasn't willing to pay that much for it. Looking at the one with the HD switch and the parts on ebay sounds reasonable.

#15 ·
Your have a nice looking bike! How hard was it to mount up the Harley hard bags?

#16 ·
I had to remove my switch because of the engine covers and the pipes. I spoke with Marty and also replaced my choke and did a pull switch. Love the fact I could get get up and gooooo!. It helps to also have insurance for the .5% of people who might figure it out! WebRep

currentVote

noRating
noWeight

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.