Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a price comparison of hdlparts and bikebandit.com. I priced a fork seal for my vtx1800c on both sites. hdlparts = 28.75 with free shipping. bikebandit = 18.56 + 6.95 shipping= 25.57. If I remember right the 6.96 shipping held no matter how many parts you buy. I thought people might like to know.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I won't buy anything from those BANDITS at Bike Bandit.

They don't have anything in stock- I think it's run out of some guy's basement.
They had a VTX jacket listed for a real low price- I odered one and they never shipped it because they couldn't really get it. I waited for 2-3 weeks to get my money back- Their customer service was not good- they kept giving me the runaround instead of just admitting that they really never had any of the jackets to sell.

I won't buy from them ever again- no matter how low they advertise something for.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I did a price comparison of hdlparts and bikebandit.com. I priced a fork seal for my vtx1800c on both sites. hdlparts = 28.75 with free shipping. bikebandit = 18.56 + 6.95 shipping= 25.57. If I remember right the 6.96 shipping held no matter how many parts you buy. I thought people might like to know.

interesting, i just went to bike bandits and priced a fork seal set. it priced out at 35.02 with shipping, no tax.
Bry

ps, will check HDL next

ok, hdl for same fork seal set and shipping, 27.58

Bike Bandit clearly more expensive on first poster's part. my bike is a 2005 1300S.

·
Chrome Ho
2,037 Posts
And then you can call a guy who does chrome fork work all of the time and goes thru chitloads of seals. I'd bet my ass he'd sellem to ya cheaper than that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I usually order my parts a few weeks before I start a project. I think both sites have to order the parts from Honda, receive them and then ship the to you- slow turn around. I'm not sure about jackets.

·
Dragon Slayer
8,515 Posts
One thing to know also, if you're an AMA member, bike bandit gives you an additional 10% discount. I've never had to wait more than three days for a part from them, no offense, if I'm in the market to buy apperal, I buy from an apperal vendor, bike bandit's biggest venue is in oem parts.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
And then you can call a guy who does chrome fork work all of the time and goes thru chitloads of seals. I'd bet my ass he'd sellem to ya cheaper than that.

Swoooooosh, that went right over his head.

I believe you could just buy them from Stump, hint, hint! Umtay.

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts
I wouldn't buy toilet paper from HDL if they had it for $1 a pack and I had massive diarreah....:icon_eek: :nope:

If I need OEM stuff I get it from www.ronayers.com
i'm like you, bill, but i wouldn't take the TP if they were giving it away and i had massive diarreah....

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Favorite parts dealers are like bellybuttons, everybody has one.. And why not? :mosh:

SEAL SET, FR. FORK

Mfg. Part Number: 51490-MN8-305
SKU: 718116
MSRP: $26.07
Your Price: $19.79 Bassdude's the winner, best price found at RonAyers

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
Favorite parts dealers are like bellybuttons, everybody has one.. And why not? :mosh:

SEAL SET, FR. FORK

Mfg. Part Number: 51490-MN8-305
SKU: 718116
MSRP: $26.07
Your Price: $19.79 Bassdude's the winner, best price found at RonAyers
:bleh:

When I crashed my bike and was doing the rebuild, I ordered some stuff from HDL..It was the first and LAST time...Was told they had it when I called and was being shipped out the next day, then when the shipment didn't arrive when they said it would, was told that the entire order wasn't complete, so they had to wait on part of it...Took an extra two weeks waiting for just one part, which was the little rubber piece that goes inside the headlight mounting ring...I ordered that, and the actual headlight inner assembly..I needed the inner assembly so I could get back on the road, as the original one was trashed beyond repair..So I was being held up by a piece of rubber!!!..Back in those days I frequented the "other" VTX forum regularly..When I posted my complaints with HDL there, of course I got ripped to shreads by all the "don't bite the hand that feeds you" suckasses over there...So now I'll never order ANYTHING from HDL, and I very rarely visit that forum either...Ron Ayers has better prices anyways...

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
HEHE, I knew there was a method for your madness :D Darn good reason for not liking a business when you get screwed over by them. I think the other forum sux too, i only go there if i need something specific that the Cafe doesnt have, and i'm in and out like jumpin jack flash, or sometimes i'm as fast as Speedy Gonzalez :mosh:
btw, how many basses do you have? I have two, but one of them is an american fender which i really love.
Bry

·
33,457 Posts
btw, how many basses do you have? I have two, but one of them is an american fender which i really love.
Bry
Currently, four...And old Hondo that my dad bought me when I was a senior in high school, a Squier "P" that I got for free, then modded to a Dale Earnhardt #3 bass, a MIM Fender Deluxe "P" that I ordered brand new when they updated them to active electronics, and 4 weeks ago got an Ibanez GSR 205EX 5 string...The Fender "P" is my main bass, with the #3 Squier a close 2nd...Funny thing is every practice has been cancelled since I got the 5'r...Not digging the vibe (ego) the guitarist gives off anyways, and seriously considering picking up my amp and bringing everything back home today...Except that it's snowing and I really don't want to drive the hearse in this crap if I don't have to....

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I didn't even think about Stump for parts but obviously the hint wasn't taken. Several other sites have been suggested. Stump would be my next price check!!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Currently, four...And old Hondo that my dad bought me when I was a senior in high school, a Squier "P" that I got for free, then modded to a Dale Earnhardt #3 bass, a MIM Fender Deluxe "P" that I ordered brand new when they updated them to active electronics, and 4 weeks ago got an Ibanez GSR 205EX 5 string...The Fender "P" is my main bass, with the #3 Squier a close 2nd...Funny thing is every practice has been cancelled since I got the 5'r...Not digging the vibe (ego) the guitarist gives off anyways, and seriously considering picking up my amp and bringing everything back home today...Except that it's snowing and I really don't want to drive the hearse in this crap if I don't have to....
my son has taken over the bass now, he started with a no name bass called brownsville, then a squier, now has taken over the american fender J. He played a few gigs in Manhattan, then of course his band broke up, he's pissed and stopped playing for a while. :mad:

Btw, I'm an original Woodstocker, five days of peace, love and wow , I left after Hendrix did the star spangled banner.. I still have my original tickets :D

·
33,457 Posts
Man I would love to do some doughnuts in the snow in that thing though...that would be (pardon the pun) "killer"!!!! :mosh:
When I was driving this one around...

I was with my ex-wife and we drove to Michigan City to the movie theater there in the wintertime...This is in a huge parking lot adjacent to a strip mall...Well the parking area up by the theater entrance was plowed and cleaned up real nice...However about 75 yards away was fresh undisturbed snow...Sooooo....I go out there into it and get that big 'ole Caddy doing some real nice donuts in that fresh snow!!...That car had a 472 Cadillac motor (duals with glasspacks) with a turbo 400 trans and positrac rear...I could easily light up the rear tires with that car anytime I wanted to...Had to have been hilarious to passersby on the road in front of the theater seeing this old hearse doing donuts in the snow that day!!...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts