Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be heading out on the 9th around 10am from Ft Payne AL on my way to Orange Beach AL. Probably take 77 to 21 to Sylacauga and then hit 231 to Montgomery. Pick up 31 and ride it as far as I can then take I-65 and get off at Bay Minette and then to the beach. Anyone have any suggestions on a better route?
If anyone wants to ride along at least part of the way let me know. I'll be coming back on Sunday the 12th so could hook up with someone then too. Just drop me a line. Oh and good places to eat along the way is always a good heads up. Just gonna take my time and enjoy the ride. Spend a couple days on the beach then cruise back. Sharon and Cameron will already be there when I get there. We'll be staying at the Lei Lani Tower in Orange Beach.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Be careful going down there Wayne. Have a nice trip. I'm going home to Pittsburgh to see the family the same week. Taking the truck though. Hoping to get some riding in with my brothers on one of their bikes.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Be careful going down there Wayne. Have a nice trip. I'm going home to Pittsburgh to see the family the same week. Taking the truck though. Hoping to get some riding in with my brothers on one of their bikes.
Gee, I'm actually sorry to see this post because your kinda on my route. I've been thinking to myself ..."self" I said...if you have any problems with the bike Tom down there in Helena is my go-to guy. But you wont be around. Oh well I'm on a Honda , should be nuttin but smoooooth sailing.

BTW my daughter Kathryn teaches 4th grade in Calera and my oldest son Brian and his family live right there in Helena. So if I do have any problems at least I'll have a place to ...er...crash.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well had a great ride for my short vacation. Stayed on the back roads mostly. 800 miles round trip. Thank goodness for my MCC seat. My butt was the only thing that wasn't cramped or sore at the end of the day.
Got caught in a couple of pretty heavy thunder storms yesterday on my way home and had to stop and wait it out a couple of times but other than that all went great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts