Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all,

I was out riding this weekend and i noticed the main headlight wasnt on when i pulled up to a van at a stop light. I do have a light bar that is working fine,so i am still legal. What i noticed is not only the headlight isnt working on normal or highbeam the blinding blue light for high beam isnt working either. After about 60 miles gf notices the light is working again and the blue light is back to normal. I went to ride in this morning and the blue light or the headlight are not working again. I am guessing a fuse is going or i have a loose connection? Anyone else have this happen ? Perhaps the headlight is on the verge of blowing? Thought i would ask first before i tear bike apart checking fuses,shorts etc. Thanks for any help or replies in advance ladies and gentlman !!HAVE A GREAT DAY !!

Bob

·
Registered
2,591 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Your welcome.
Just be careful taking it apart. Springs and small parts can easily get lost. Place a tarp or something suitable under the bike, especially if you outside on a gravel driveway. Good luck and keep us posted as to how you get on. :)

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
Blackdot is absolutely correct. The starter switch is just dirty (Don't replace it $$)
Don't lose the little ball bearing on the bottom and stretch (just a little) the small spring - not the large one.

Donut:patriot:Doug

·
Dragon Slayer
8,515 Posts
One other thing, drape a towel over the tank, if any small parts fall and hit it, it's like a damper, and keeps them from "spring boarding" to alternate universes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts