Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the Kaliforniastan monsoons are still drenching us and I am going into withdrawal. I can't ride and I can polish my new machine just so much. Soooo, as I looked at the Baron air box, I decided to follow through on a suggestion from one of the forum members. He suggested filling in the flame pattern on the chrome face of the Baron air cleaner.

By 8PM last night I was going stir crazy and decided to go for it. I removed it, layed it flat and filled it in with a red pearlescent nail polish. Then I dryed it with a hair dryer. Once dry, I wrapped a couple of layers of paper towel on a flat brick of aluminum and dampened it with acetone. I wiped, changed towels, wiped, changed, etc. until the face was clean and the only red left was in the engraved area. It actually looks pretty good. It's hard to tell in the photo because of all the reflection on the chrome but up close and personal, it looks kinda trick.:D

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,121 Posts
Looks good there!

I was thinkin' of filling in the Honda on the crankcase covers with some black, but that's as far as I ever got.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
now that looks much better than before!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts