Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 06 VTX 1300R with under 6000 miles. It's been my dream bike for several years now. Of course the weather's turning towards winter, and will have to wait to put some miles on it, but that's ok. That will give me time to do a little customizing to make her mine. Any suggestions on what I might do to her would be welcome. Factory stock except for the pipes and grips that will be changed over the winter.Thank you all.

·
Super Moderator
9,612 Posts
You did not say if it was running well so I will assume it is. If you are going to do any significant distance riding, the most important change you can make is to get a new seat. The vast majority of people find the stock seat to be quite uncomfortable for anything but short hops.

·
Registered
15,868 Posts
Peace of mind and safety should be your first 2 imperatives. Have it in a condition like it just rolled off the factory line. New rubber & brakes, all fluids changed, tip-top battery(have it 100 amp load tested at an auto parts dealer. This gives you a solid baseline to base every thing you do to it. Record everything. Once these first 2 line items satisfy you, then start shopping for bling and comfort. Agree seat is high on that list.

·
Super Moderator
5,408 Posts
A good set of highway bars (crash bars) will go a long way to mitigation of any damage if the bike ends up on its side, also can save your leg if you should go down at speed. My preference is the Cobra Fatties. It is never a bad idea to add lighting, driving lights, LED bulbs retrofit into turn / brake / tail light fixtures and a LED replacement headlight bulb help to make the bike be seen by motorists.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts