Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,

I recently purchased a 2004 vtx 1800N with roughly 15k miles on it. I come from a background of leaning forward on sports bikes last one being a zx14, so it is nice being able to comfortably cruise around. Looks like this site has a plethora of great information, so i am excited to learn more about the vtx series of bikes.

·
Registered
15,734 Posts
Welcome from central Pa. high atop the Alleghenies. Tell us a little about yourself, like how big a boy are ye? It will help us help you with mods like handlebar risers, seats, floorboards and highway bars & footpegs to make your ride more comfortable.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe' from the booming metropolis of Wallburg, NC...
We have many ACTIVE riders in Ohio... A few in /near Columbus, Zanesville, my brother is in Cambridge (he has an ST1300).
Several rides are posted/planned for Ohio and nearby. There is also the W.VA. ride coming in July. Many Cafe' members come from as far as California for that one.

·
Tinkerer
1,714 Posts
Welcome to the cafe! I live in Pickerington and work in Columbus. I think that you will find the cafe a great place to learn all about your bike. Feel free to ask as many questions as you want.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hello from Cambridge. Sounds like you may have bought mkteski bike ? I saw where he had it listed in classifieds. He is from that area. Is it dark side, with a good year triple tread ? If so that was put on at Gastins tech session about 3 years ago. Took about four guys to get it on.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,263 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from the sunny central valley in California. Enjoy the Addiction!

Don't mind all that extra Sh#t that was attached to this original post as shown above, the Cafe ls going through some growing pains, hopefully it will work itself out!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome everyone. It is indeed Matts bike that I purchased. Has driver floorboards, hypercharger, power commander, rineheart exhaust, front light bar, and harley hardbags. As for myself im 6'7" 280lbs, highway bars would be nice and likely ones of my next purchases if i can find a set that will somewhat fit me. I would also like to add a front fairing with some speakers and hook the set in the hardbags up as well. Darkside is definitely different but not as crazy as i thought it would be.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome, im definitely going to have to get the highway bars and fairing. What's the best sound system set up? Is the rockford fosgate the way to go or buy the cheaper one and outfit it with a custom set up

·
Registered
457 Posts
Welcome, from east Texas

·
Premium Member
10,054 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee and wishing you well. I am sure you will enjoy your new ride!
:patriot:

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Awesome, im definitely going to have to get the highway bars and fairing. What's the best sound system set up? Is the rockford fosgate the way to go or buy the cheaper one and outfit it with a custom set up
Definitely go with the highway bars FIRST!.. The bigger the better.. (don't ask)...

As far as stereos- There are many choices- But basically- you want a MARINE rated stereo, No CD (useless on a bike), USB or SD Card capable, Bluetooth (for phone/music capability), And around 30 watts.
I have a Kenwood 600W AMP on my 1300, but not running an AMP on the 1800. IMO.. there's not much difference until you ride sustained speeds over 70MPH. OR- you have loud aftermarket exhaust.
I've read some about an Alpine and Rockford AMPs... but have not personally used/heard them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
14 Participants
Coloradochris
Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum
VTX Cafe Forum is for owners of Honda VTX 1300 or VTX 1800. Join this community to discuss mods, specs, parts & more!
Full Forum Listing