Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 05 VTX1300S, It's a beater that had set for a year and wouldn't start, drained the tank and the bowl cleaned the plugs, fresh gas, and a new battery and it started on the first crank, I gave 500 dollars for it. I've been riding all my life my Dad was a motorcycle guy, I won my first motorcycle race when I was eight years old, growing up we traveled the midwest racing flat track, I've owned a lot of motorcycles, Hondas, Yamahas, Harleys, Bultacos, I'm an aircraft mechanic by trade but I can pretty much fix anything except a cracked ass or a broken heart,:D
The previous owner didn't know a screwdriver from a hammer and he Kryloned the engine black, oh well it's a project bike, just here to learn some tips and tricks may be and check out other peoples rides.

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
Just bought an 05 VTX1300S, It's a beater that had set for a year and wouldn't start, drained the tank and the bowl cleaned the plugs, fresh gas, and a new battery and it started on the first crank, I gave 500 dollars for it. I've been riding all my life my Dad was a motorcycle guy, I won my first motorcycle race when I was eight years old, growing up we traveled the midwest racing flat track, I've owned a lot of motorcycles, Hondas, Yamahas, Harleys, Bultacos, I'm an aircraft mechanic by trade but I can pretty much fix anything except a cracked ass or a broken heart,:D
The previous owner didn't know a screwdriver from a hammer and he Kryloned the engine black, oh well it's a project bike, just here to learn some tips and tricks may be and check out other peoples rides.

View attachment 237721
Welcome from Tennessee and wishing you well!🇺🇸🇺🇸

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome from Colorado Springs. I plan on doing a tour of the south in 2021....
I love Colorado springs, I was stationed at Ft. Carson in the Early 80's My daughter was born there, we used to cruise up north cheyenne canyon on our bikes and party, damn good times man.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've done some work to the bike, I restored some chrome that had been painted over and I added new saddlebags and a trunk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts