Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I found this forum about 2 weeks ago, joined, and (other than a couple of PM's) this is my first post. I have had my 1300C for nearly 3 years, and only recently have been able to go on some long rides - rode back to GA to see my son in April (3500 miles RT), met my brother (from PA) in GA and we rode back to NM together. What a blast.........however, except for the Nat'L Cycle Switchblade windshield and the Paladin backrest, my bike was completely stock. Have to say my old knees and my butt were aching pretty good on the third day of travel each way! Still, it was great to be out and traveling through the country (ok, not so great coming back thru the rain storms and tornado watches that hit MS and AL, but otherwise pretty good). I've spent about a week rummaging through the old posts on this site looking for information and have to say there is a wealth of tech info and rider advice here. Hope I can find more things to post so I don't get booted.

Anyway, hello from windy hot gritty eastern NM.
<!-- / message -->

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from the High Plains of Texas ...

Hey - work in Muleshoe - live in Olton.. We are neighbors..

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Incredible! Worked in Muleshoe during summers from college (.......a LONG time ago!). Glad to 'meet' you......... hope you won't mind if I pester you with questions from time-to-time.

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,394 Posts
Welcome to The Cafe from sunny Shelby, NC (The Livermush Capital of the Free World)

Ride Safe

Spoiler

:patriot:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Welcome to the cafe, glad you enjoyed your trip, Yes sir I hear you on the butt ache, the 1300 c seat isn't the best by no means, check into a touring seat it will be alot more comfortable on the longer rides. Good luck--- from Mauriceville,Texas

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Welcome aboard from SE Texas! :cheers:

·
2,807 Posts
hello from the showme state.

·
Brooklyn New Yorker
385 Posts
Welcome to the cafe from Sanford Florida. Welcome to the VTX family.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
hey Stache welcome, 3 years later, to the cafe. if you post this in the general or off topic forum, you should get some interesting replies/comments/award-trophy-honorable mention. let me explain, you rode 3500 miles on a stock seat. now, personally i went on a 300 ride after getting my C, and truthfully, i was hurting for days. you're a brave person, true biker material in my book, i guess i'm a wuzz. did you have any monkey butt with you for the trip!!!:choppersm :patriot: ride safe, often

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,234 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from North Idaho

·
Registered
158 Posts
Any suggestions for a motorcycle ride in NM? I'm going to be in the Taos, Red River area in July and would like to go on a few good rides.

Mystro

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep, stock seat and stock pegs........first day was good, second day I could feel the miles, and third day was pure hell - was really looking forward to stopping for gas! Had a few days in GA before heading back.........and the story repeated. Fighting the big winds and storms didn't help any either.

I suspect you are right! I'll keep that in mind and think about another post - could be interesting to hear the comments. Hmmmm, have no idea what 'monkey butt' is.

Sorry, Mystro - I've only been here since August and haven't taken the opportunity to ride in state much yet. You'll enjoy the northern part of NM though - really pretty country. I'll see what I can find out..........if I run across anything, I'll let you know. I should be in Taos for a weekend this month..........hope to find some good fun roads and crisp air!

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from Spring, TeXas. :cheers:

Welcome to the Cafe from Spring, TeXas. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
here's a shout out from Calgary Alberta - may you ride with the wind at your back, the sun overhead and the road endlessly winding.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I gotta say, this is a really nice bunch of people here at VTXCafe! And helpful too - already had some pestering questions answered via PM's (pestering me - I was pestering others for answers). I really look forward to more interaction with time. Thanks for making me feel so welcome.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts