Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the owner of a 2006 1300R. I'm very happy with the bike and love riding through the MD/VA backroads now that the weather is warming up. I was directed here from Reddit r/motorcycles. There are a few things I would like to change about my bike and if there are any tips on the best way to do that, I'd be very appreciative. I have already removed the windscreen, a bag from behind the passenger seat. I have footboards and engine bars that I'm not sure I love. I'm all about minimal.

I have an R and would also love to switch to the C. I am in the DC area and if anyone wants to swap or has one to sell, I'd be willing. My bike is black. The one catch is the fender I have has some rubs from where a bag was on the back seat rest. I believe it can be buffed out though. If the seats need to be switched, I have an X-Ultimate seat that I believe was $800 that I'd be willing to switch along with the fender. The seat is very comfortable but has silver studs along the outside. Its nice but not my style. If interested, let me know.

I am by no means mechanical but understand that ther may be more to do than just switching fenders. Anyways, I am happy to be a part of the community and look forward to learning and riding.

Be safe,

EODBrand

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe' from Moyock, NC (just across the VA/NC line). I'm not sure what all switching fenders entails but I believe you have to replace the inner fender bracket as well as the fender stays (on the outside).

·
Registered
17,599 Posts
Welcome from central Pa. high atop the Alleghenies.

·
Premium Member
10,103 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee and wishing you a great day. :patriot:

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Welcome from Elkhart, Indiana!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts