Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

Stephen here from just north of Toronto, Canada. Love to ride. Got back into it about 4 years ago after a 25 year hiatus.

Began riding with a Honda CT 70 at 12 years old, then a Suzuki 100cc dirt bike, then a Suzuki GT 380 street bike (nice powerband on that two stroke!). Worked at a Kawi shop throughout high school and into college - so I got to ride lots of other bikes too.

Gave up riding for adulthood (fool!) and finally couldn't stand seeing everyone else have so much fun... so I bought a used 2002 VTX 1800 C in 2008, and last year picked up an N for cheap cheap (someone trailored 7 bikes over the border and sold them for way less than you can get them for here in Canada. Sad to see the 1800 discontinued as it is a really great bike for someone my size (6' 9", 280 lbs).

Anyone else out there own two VTX's?

Steve

·
9,160 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from Sebring, Florida. :icon_wave

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Welcome from Orangeville, Ont., you joined in '08 and only posting now?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot I joined!

I guess I joined on 08 and forgot about it. Just discovered the site again. There seems to be lots of action going on here, so I'll now stop in regularly.

Welcome from Orangeville, Ont., you joined in '08 and only posting now?

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe .... back in '08 from Pennsylvania via Wasaga Beach.
So, where 'North' of Toronto are you from?

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Welcome home from SE Texas! :cheers:

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,199 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from North Idaho

·
X Virgin
5,227 Posts
Welcome from Burlington ON.

Anyone else going to try to go to Port Dover for the January Friday the 13th next week???

I'm going to try and plan an ON VTX ride for the Spring, maybe May or early June so stay in touch with the board. There are a lot of us around but spread around a bit. I've got a buddy here in town with a new 1800 and I know of maybe a dozen more within a hour of here.

There are quite a few 2X riders here on the board, I'm sure a few will chip in. Smau, did you get your X off a guy north of Toronto??? I talked to him 2 years ago and he was selling X1800 for 9K I think from NY or MI back in the day when they were going for 11-12 up here.

·
Curmudgeon at Large
8,365 Posts
Welcome from Nashville.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from Spring, TeXas. :cheers:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from Yulee, Florida.
The wife and I both have VTX' s hers is the 1300R and
mine is the 1800N.
Toby

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee Stephen and wishing you a super great day. :patriot:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Seems like there's a lot of guys named Steve riding VTX's in the GTA here. I'm from Brampton myself, just 30 mins NW of Toronto.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts